In a typical New Berlin city rivalry game, Eisenhower nipped West, 3-1, on Sept. 10 at Eisenhower as Aaron Wilson opened and closed the scoring.
Steve Evans passed to Wilson 13 minutes into the match for a 1-0 lead, but the Lions had no time to celebrate as Reed Albinger took a pass from Devin Pearson and scored to tie the game at 1-1.
Matt Rakowski scored at the 26-minute mark on Evans' second assist - a corner kick - of the game for a 2-1 lead.
Then in the 33rd minute Ike put the game away when Wilson scored again, this time on a pass from Jake Thompson.
In other action, it was a hard-fought battle, but neither team was able to put the ball in the back of the net as Shorewood blanked the Lions, 3-0, on Sept. 12.
Shorewood stayed unbeaten (5-0) and the Lions had their four-game winning streak snapped. Two minutes into the game the Greyhounds were rewarded a penalty kick and it was all downhill after that for Eisenhower. Shorewood put pressure on the Lions all night and they couldn't get any offense together.
Homestead whipped the Lions, 2-0, on Saturday, scoring twice in the first half. The Lions, 4-8 overall, 3-2 in Woodland Conference, were shutout in their final two matches of the week.
- Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: May 23
- Radtke returns to helm for New Berlin West girls basketball
- Pirates end New Berlin West girls' soccer title chances
- New Berlin West boys, girls sweep Woodland Outdoors track meet
- Klotz sparks New Berlin West softball to regional win
- Wayne J. Hamilton Fundraiser set for Sunday
- New Berlin offers several summer basketball camps
- Track and Field Day set for Saturday at New Berlin West
- New Berlin Eisenhower softball team wins five of six
- New Berlin West girls soccer wins four of six games