Dave Tsolak out-pitched Reed Timmer in an old-fashioned pitcher's duel as New Berlin West beat New Berlin Eisenhower, 4-2, Thurday evening to remain in first place in the Woodland Conference Blue Division before a packed house at West.
The Vikings improved to 9-3 overall, 7-1 in league play, while Ike dropped to 4-2, 6-4 overall in the Black Division.
With the scored tied at 2-2 in the bottom of the second, with one out, Travis McKeon singled, went to second on a balk, stayed there on a fly out to center, and then scored when Adrian Peil singled to center to give West a 3-2 lead it never relinquished.
In the fourth with two outs, McKeon doubled and scored on Zach Scholz bad-hop single to center for a 4-2 lead.
Tyler Sagat gave Ike a 1-0 lead in the first, when he doubled, went to third on Andrew Contrucci's infield hit and scored on a double play groundout.
West took a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the first, when Andy Knoll doubled in one run and Allen Peil singled in the second.
Singles by Mitch Arman, Cooper Prindl and Sagat tied the game in the second for Ike.
Tsolak allowed eight hits, walked one and fanned one and hit three batters, while Timmer scattered 11 hits walked one and struck out one.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: May 23
- Radtke returns to helm for New Berlin West girls basketball
- Pirates end New Berlin West girls' soccer title chances
- New Berlin West boys, girls sweep Woodland Outdoors track meet
- Klotz sparks New Berlin West softball to regional win
- Wayne J. Hamilton Fundraiser set for Sunday
- New Berlin offers several summer basketball camps
- Track and Field Day set for Saturday at New Berlin West
- New Berlin Eisenhower softball team wins five of six
- New Berlin West girls soccer wins four of six games