Dave Tsolak out-pitched Reed Timmer in an old-fashioned pitcher's duel as New Berlin West beat New Berlin Eisenhower, 4-2, Thurday evening to remain in first place in the Woodland Conference Blue Division before a packed house at West.
The Vikings improved to 9-3 overall, 7-1 in league play, while Ike dropped to 4-2, 6-4 overall in the Black Division.
With the scored tied at 2-2 in the bottom of the second, with one out, Travis McKeon singled, went to second on a balk, stayed there on a fly out to center, and then scored when Adrian Peil singled to center to give West a 3-2 lead it never relinquished.
In the fourth with two outs, McKeon doubled and scored on Zach Scholz bad-hop single to center for a 4-2 lead.
Tyler Sagat gave Ike a 1-0 lead in the first, when he doubled, went to third on Andrew Contrucci's infield hit and scored on a double play groundout.
West took a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the first, when Andy Knoll doubled in one run and Allen Peil singled in the second.
Singles by Mitch Arman, Cooper Prindl and Sagat tied the game in the second for Ike.
Tsolak allowed eight hits, walked one and fanned one and hit three batters, while Timmer scattered 11 hits walked one and struck out one.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 4, 2016
- Sports Notes: Feb. 4, 2016
- New Berlin West boys basketball team's Pipik, Cottrell key win over Cudahy
- Boys basketball: Brown Deer nips New Berlin Eisenhower in triple overtime
- Brown Deer hands Eisenhower first loss in 3 OTs, 102-99
- Ben Chossek named New Berlin West football coach
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 28, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 21, 2016
- Nick Datka named New Berlin Eisenhower girls soccer coach
- Boys basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower's red-hot second half helps Lions dominate Pewaukee