New Berlin - Luke Hubert, a New Berlin native, is one of the two recipients of the 2012 Tim & Tom Gullikson USTA/Midwest Section Scholarship.
Hubert, who plays varsity tennis at New Berlin West, has seen his team win the conference championship twice, and Hubert was named the team's Most Valuable Player three times. In addition to playing varsity high school tennis, Hubert also competed in his local USTA Jr. Team Tennis program in his community.
Off the tennis court, Hubert is a college AP scholar and academic all conference. He has been involved in student government and this year serves as senior class president. He is also a member of the National Honor Society and participates on the Math Team.
Hubert has volunteered through his high school for two servant projects in Virginia and Idaho. He plans to study pre-medicine when he attends college this coming fall, and play collegiate tennis.
The Midwest Youth Tennis & Education Foundation established this scholarship in 1998 to recognize Tim and Tom Gullikson, and to reward young players with funding to advance their education and tennis interests. Each year, a $2,500 Tim & Tom Gullikson USTA/Midwest Section Scholarship is presented to one male and one female junior tennis player from the USTA/Midwest Section.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Radtke returns to helm for New Berlin West girls basketball
- Pirates end New Berlin West girls' soccer title chances
- New Berlin West boys, girls sweep Woodland Outdoors track meet
- Klotz sparks New Berlin West softball to regional win
- Wayne J. Hamilton Fundraiser set for Sunday
- New Berlin offers several summer basketball camps
- Track and Field Day set for Saturday at New Berlin West
- New Berlin Eisenhower softball team wins five of six
- New Berlin West girls soccer wins four of six games
- New Berlin West boys track team wins Hale Invite