Eisenhower vs. New London for state title tonight
Battle of the state's top two D2 girls basketball teams
When No. 2 ranked New Berlin Eisenhower (27-0) and No. 1 ranked New London (27-0) meet Saturday night at 6:30 p.m. at the Kohl Center in Madison, it will be the seventh time two unbeaten teams have met for the WIAA State Girls Basketball Championship.
This is the first time it has happened in a Division 2 title game.
The last time it happened came in a Division 3 title game in 2009 as Amherst (27-0) beat Cuba City (26-1), 41-37.
In 1999 in a Division 4 title battle, Barneveld (27-0) beat Potosi (26-1), 49-42.
Before that the schools were divided by letters. It happened three times among 'A' Division schools and one in a 'B' Division title game.
In 1994 Milwaukee Washington (25-0) beat La Crosse Central (25-1), 58-54, in 1990 Milwaukee Washington (26-0) beat Eau Claire Memorial (26-1), 57-42, and in 1981 Wauwatosa East (24-0) beat Watertown (24-1), 36-25.
In the B Division game in 1986 Durand (26-0) beat Waterford (25-1), 56-54 (OT).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Eisenhower's Kozlowski named to Now All-Suburban Team
- New Berlin West's Jef Radtke named Now Coach of Year (1)
- Germantown's Zak Showalter plays prominent role in Wisconsin's surge to Final Four
- New Berlin West track team posts 7 firsts at Schreiber Classic Indoor
- Novotny helps key New Berlin West girls' drive down the stretch
- New Berlin Eisenhower softball team blanks Pewaukee 13-0 in opener
- New Berlin West girls soccer team has experience, talent
- Sports Notes: March 26, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball team to lose six seniors to graduation
- New Berlin Eisenhower track team off to strong start