When the New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketall team plays Reedsburg Area this afternoon at the Kohl Center in Madison, they will have plenty of fans cheering them on.
The Lions have sold 830 out of the 1,130 tickets that were allotted to them as 500 students and 300 parents, staff and other community members will be making the trip west.
"We completely sold out the student section," athletic director Courtney Fryatt said. "We have heard of many more planning to buy their tickets at the Kohl Center."
There are a total of five buses taking 200 students to Madison for tonight's game. Because of the large response to tonight's game, all students will be released from school aqt noon today to allow everyone enough time to get to Madison safely.
The booster club had 240 purple fan shirts made they were were sold out by Wednesday.
If the favored Lions beat Reedsburg Friday, tickets for Saturday night's championship game will go on sale immediately following the game at the Kohl Center and on Saturday from 9-11 am at Eisenhower High School.
"We are excited about the tremendous amount of support our community has given the girls basketball team," Fryatt said. "This is an extraordinary group of girls.
"There is not one individual on the team who wants the spotlight as they all point to each other when asked about their success. It is a complete team effort by all 12 girls on the team."
- Track and Field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys track, field team sends record 11 entries to state
- New Berlin and Muskego Sports Shorts: June 2
- West holds off Eisenhower, 7-6, to win regional softball title
- Muskego and New Berlin Sports Shorts: May 26
- Eisenhower boys win Woodland tennis title
- SOFTBALL: New Berlin West wins third conference title in six years
- Boys track and field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys capture Woodland title
- Baseball: Eisenhower, New Berlin West baseball teams have different expectations (1)
- Grade school basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower seventh-grade boys basketball team wins D2 state title
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016