New Berlin Eisenhower warmed up for the post-season and a chance to return to the state tournament on Saturday afternoon by beating a talented Milwaukee Vincent team, 54-39, at Eisenhower.
Five Lions scored and four were in double figures as they put together a well-balanced attack as everyone played well for coach Gary Schmidt's team.
Erin Ganske led the way with 14 points, followed by Nicole Bauman and Jenny Weiland with 13 each and Katie Lang with 12.Taylor McArthur had the other two points. Nafeshia Holified, 6-2, had 15 points, and Karley Barnes, 6-3, 13 for the Vikings.
After a 10-10 first quarter sparked by Ganske's six points, Ike went on a 16-9 roll behind eight points by Bauman for a 26-19 lead. Eisenhower then used a 17-10 third period to put the game away against the Vikings (15-6).
Weiland's seven points and Lang's five sparked the big third-period.
Bauman started the fourth period with a half-court pass to Weiland for a lay-up. After a steal, Ganzer drilled a pass to Lang for another layin and Vincent took a timeout trailing by 16 points, 47-31.
Ike has now won 28 of 29 games and gets ready to to host Friday the winner of Tueday's Whitnall/Greendale winner.
- Softball: First-place New Berlin West softball team improves to 8-0
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Boys volleyball: Nick Maske named New Berlin United boys volleyball coach
- Sports Notes: April 21
- Sport Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Softball: New Berlin West softball team improves to 4-0 on diamond
- Boys track and field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys track and field team wins two meets
- Sports Notes: April 14, 2016
- Sport Shorts: April 14, 2016
- Girls soccer: New Berlin West girls soccer team starts 3-1