New Berlin Eisenhower warmed up for the post-season and a chance to return to the state tournament on Saturday afternoon by beating a talented Milwaukee Vincent team, 54-39, at Eisenhower.
Five Lions scored and four were in double figures as they put together a well-balanced attack as everyone played well for coach Gary Schmidt's team.
Erin Ganske led the way with 14 points, followed by Nicole Bauman and Jenny Weiland with 13 each and Katie Lang with 12.Taylor McArthur had the other two points. Nafeshia Holified, 6-2, had 15 points, and Karley Barnes, 6-3, 13 for the Vikings.
After a 10-10 first quarter sparked by Ganske's six points, Ike went on a 16-9 roll behind eight points by Bauman for a 26-19 lead. Eisenhower then used a 17-10 third period to put the game away against the Vikings (15-6).
Weiland's seven points and Lang's five sparked the big third-period.
Bauman started the fourth period with a half-court pass to Weiland for a lay-up. After a steal, Ganzer drilled a pass to Lang for another layin and Vincent took a timeout trailing by 16 points, 47-31.
Ike has now won 28 of 29 games and gets ready to to host Friday the winner of Tueday's Whitnall/Greendale winner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Dec, 18, 2014
- New Berlin West girls roll over Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Eisenhower girls basketball team beats Greenfield, Shorewod
- Boys basketball: Shorewood has inside edge on Eisenhower
- Eisenhower girls beat Shorewood, 50-32
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 11, 2014
- New Berlin West boys drop 60-58 thriller to North
- 2014 NOW All-Suburban Football Team: David Beshensky, Nathan Erickson earn high honorable mention
- West netters have best season in 20 years
- New Berlin West girls defeat Oostburg, 55-32