New Berlin Eisenhower warmed up for the post-season and a chance to return to the state tournament on Saturday afternoon by beating a talented Milwaukee Vincent team, 54-39, at Eisenhower.
Five Lions scored and four were in double figures as they put together a well-balanced attack as everyone played well for coach Gary Schmidt's team.
Erin Ganske led the way with 14 points, followed by Nicole Bauman and Jenny Weiland with 13 each and Katie Lang with 12.Taylor McArthur had the other two points. Nafeshia Holified, 6-2, had 15 points, and Karley Barnes, 6-3, 13 for the Vikings.
After a 10-10 first quarter sparked by Ganske's six points, Ike went on a 16-9 roll behind eight points by Bauman for a 26-19 lead. Eisenhower then used a 17-10 third period to put the game away against the Vikings (15-6).
Weiland's seven points and Lang's five sparked the big third-period.
Bauman started the fourth period with a half-court pass to Weiland for a lay-up. After a steal, Ganzer drilled a pass to Lang for another layin and Vincent took a timeout trailing by 16 points, 47-31.
Ike has now won 28 of 29 games and gets ready to to host Friday the winner of Tueday's Whitnall/Greendale winner.
- New Berlin and Muskego Sports Shorts: June 2
- West holds off Eisenhower, 7-6, to win regional softball title
- Muskego and New Berlin Sports Shorts: May 26
- Eisenhower boys win Woodland tennis title
- SOFTBALL: New Berlin West wins third conference title in six years
- Boys track and field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys capture Woodland title
- Baseball: Eisenhower, New Berlin West baseball teams have different expectations (1)
- Grade school basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower seventh-grade boys basketball team wins D2 state title
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016