New Berlin Eisenhower warmed up for the post-season and a chance to return to the state tournament on Saturday afternoon by beating a talented Milwaukee Vincent team, 54-39, at Eisenhower.
Five Lions scored and four were in double figures as they put together a well-balanced attack as everyone played well for coach Gary Schmidt's team.
Erin Ganske led the way with 14 points, followed by Nicole Bauman and Jenny Weiland with 13 each and Katie Lang with 12.Taylor McArthur had the other two points. Nafeshia Holified, 6-2, had 15 points, and Karley Barnes, 6-3, 13 for the Vikings.
After a 10-10 first quarter sparked by Ganske's six points, Ike went on a 16-9 roll behind eight points by Bauman for a 26-19 lead. Eisenhower then used a 17-10 third period to put the game away against the Vikings (15-6).
Weiland's seven points and Lang's five sparked the big third-period.
Bauman started the fourth period with a half-court pass to Weiland for a lay-up. After a steal, Ganzer drilled a pass to Lang for another layin and Vincent took a timeout trailing by 16 points, 47-31.
Ike has now won 28 of 29 games and gets ready to to host Friday the winner of Tueday's Whitnall/Greendale winner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team takes home wins against Trojans, Northstars
- Eisenhower's Karvala finds curveball, stops Shorewood
- New Berlin West's Henrichs earns top soccer honors
- New Berlin Eisenhower baseball teams wins 3 in a row
- Peil's hit defeats Cudahy in seventh to give New Berlin West the win
- Sport Shorts: June 18, 2015
- Seniors Erickson, Russell lead New Berlin Eisenhower at state golf
- Muskego boys golf team winds up 15th in D1 state tournament
- Plenty of talent to return for New Berlin West softball team
- Zubke, Jedrzejewski earn top soccer honors for New Berlin Eisenhower