The New Berlin West girls nipped Cudahy, 40-38, at home and improved to 12-3 in the Woodland Conference Blue Division, while the Packers fell to 11-3.
First-place Pewaukee is now 12-2, one game ahead.
The Vikings led by four at halftime (21-17) and after three periods (30-26) and then held on for the win.
All-Star Taylor Gradinjan had 12 points for the Packers while Beth Ver Haagh had a game-high 16 for the Vikes.
The Ike boys won by 18 on the road, 60-42. behind 15 points by Dan Sidesky and Darin Sowinski and 11 by Dino Poulos.
The win left West with a 12-4 record, one game in the loss column out of first behind Pewaukee (12-3) and St. Thomas More (12-3).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 25, 2014 issue
- Eisenhower drops 31-10 decision to Tosa West
- Tosa West rushes to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Sports Wraps: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- New Berlin Eisenhower suffers first Woodland loss, 41-14
- New Berlin West youth basketball tryouts set
- Eisenhower spikers sweep New Berlin West
- New Berlin West football team rallies but falls short, 26-12
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls swimmers win South Milwaukee Invite