The New Berlin West girls nipped Cudahy, 40-38, at home and improved to 12-3 in the Woodland Conference Blue Division, while the Packers fell to 11-3.
First-place Pewaukee is now 12-2, one game ahead.
The Vikings led by four at halftime (21-17) and after three periods (30-26) and then held on for the win.
All-Star Taylor Gradinjan had 12 points for the Packers while Beth Ver Haagh had a game-high 16 for the Vikes.
The Ike boys won by 18 on the road, 60-42. behind 15 points by Dan Sidesky and Darin Sowinski and 11 by Dino Poulos.
The win left West with a 12-4 record, one game in the loss column out of first behind Pewaukee (12-3) and St. Thomas More (12-3).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 12
- Relay gives New Berlin invitational crown
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls upended by Pewaukee's Pirates
- I played at state: Alex Izzo
- Boys basketball: Eisenhower takes early command of Woodland
- Four local athletes awarded NOW football honors
- New Berlin West girls win basketball opener
- New Berlin Marlin boys swim team returns plenty of talent
- Poor third quarter leads to New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball opening loss
- Detmer takes over reins as new New Berlin wrestling coach