The New Berlin Eisenhower boys defeated South Milwaukee, 63-52, at home and the girls won 47-22 on the road Friday night.
The boys were trailing by two going into the fourth quarter and then blew out the Rockets, 17-4. Reed Timmer (19), Sandro Pesquiera (16), Mitch Arman (11) and Keith Kahlfeldt (10) all scored in double figures for the Lions, who were tied at 33-33 at intermission.
Ike (12-3) remains one game behind Whitnall (13-2) and the two teams are scheduled to meet at Whitnall next Friday.
Ike won its fourth straight Woodland Division title (14-0) and improved to 17-0 with a 36-game league win streak, beating South Milwaukee (9-5), 47-22.
No other stats were available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 12
- Relay gives New Berlin invitational crown
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls upended by Pewaukee's Pirates
- I played at state: Alex Izzo
- Boys basketball: Eisenhower takes early command of Woodland
- Four local athletes awarded NOW football honors
- New Berlin West girls win basketball opener
- New Berlin Marlin boys swim team returns plenty of talent
- Poor third quarter leads to New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball opening loss
- Detmer takes over reins as new New Berlin wrestling coach