New Berlin - There will be no rest for swimming coach Pete Zenobi, who will now coach the New Berlin Eisenhower/New Berlin West co-op boys team - the New Berlin Marlins.
Zenobi replaces Paul Lutzke, who has retired. Zenobi has served as the New Berlin West girls coach since 2006 and has been a part of the New Berlin Swim Club since 1998. Troy Hider is returning diving coach and assistant coach.
The Marlins look to be competitive and hope to send swimmers and relay to state this season. They lost seven seniors, including state qualifiers Chris Kaminski, Jared Moranski and Josh Solie.
The Marlins sent five swimmers to state last year and placed 13th.
Jasen Johnson and Matthew Olenchek are the returning state qualifiers, as Johnson was third in the 100-yard butterfly and fifth in the 100 breaststroke. Olenchek was a relay only swimmer (200 and 400 freestyle relays).
The roster is made up of nine seniors, four juniors, 10 sophomores and one freshman (Ryan Scherbarth).
Johnson, Greg Cameron, Scott Franke, Max Harty, Perry Hels, Ian Sanders, Brock Shilling, Kevin Stock and Casey Vanselow are the seniors.
Olenchek, David Franke, John Hintz and Sam Mantel are the juniors.
The sophomore class consists of Devin Hetzel, Sam Hider, Sam Nigbur, Taylor Petrauski, Amin Phakhruddin, Patryk Schlomann, Zach Solie, Zach Stoltenburg, Jack Wannamaker and Ross Wick.
The Marlins won the Comet Invite (Delevan-Darien) for five straight years and this year it is on Saturday. They also won the Rocket Invite last year. They finished second in the Woodland Conference.
- Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: April 30, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys finish third at Hamilton Invite
- Fundraiser set for Vikings soccer player
- New Berlin West's Meleski, Albino take first place at Hamilton Invite
- Meyer's three-run homer sparks New Berlin Eisenhower's win over West
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower track team beats Vikings in dual meet
- Despite youth, Eisenhower's tennis players are talented
- Sport Shorts: April 16, 2015
- New Berlin athletics schedule picks up after spring break