The New Berlin Eisenhower girls defeated Oostburg, 51-41, on Friday in the Brookfield Central Thanksgiving Shootout.
The game wasn't as close as the score would indicate, as the Lions had a 48-20 lead with four minutes left in the game, when the Lady Dutch went on a 21-2 run to cut the lead to nine with 13 seconds left to play.
Nicole Bauman led the way with 16 points and seven assists and could have had seven more except for missed baskets.
Erin Ganske returning from knee surgery played with her knee wrapped and a brace scored nine points for the Lions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team had 'successful' year, Vahovick says
- Area baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game (2)
- New Berlin West's Radtke commits to Lake Superior State
- New Berlin West's Fritz tosses 3-hitter but drops 2-1 decision to West Allis Hale
- Baseball: Whitnall edges Eisenhower in wild extra-inning WIAA regional contest
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Eisenhower baseball team goes 3-0 in Woodland consolation bracket
- New Berlin West only wins once in Woodland championship bracket
- Lombardo, Nowak earn NOW All-Suburban honors
- Sports Notes: July 9, 2015