The New Berlin Eisenhower girls defeated Oostburg, 51-41, on Friday in the Brookfield Central Thanksgiving Shootout.
The game wasn't as close as the score would indicate, as the Lions had a 48-20 lead with four minutes left in the game, when the Lady Dutch went on a 21-2 run to cut the lead to nine with 13 seconds left to play.
Nicole Bauman led the way with 16 points and seven assists and could have had seven more except for missed baskets.
Erin Ganske returning from knee surgery played with her knee wrapped and a brace scored nine points for the Lions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Lakers claim berth in Lakes'Grand Championship playoffs
- Eisenhower tennis team needs to rebuild singles lineup
- New Berlin golfers 11th at Pius Invitational
- New Berlin West shooting to make football playoffs again
- New Berlin West kickers return eight letter winners
- Kern looking to open up Eisenhower football team's offense
- Troy excited about Eisenhower kickers' chances
- Knoll, Peil make Now All-Suburban Baseball Team again
- Madison to host tug of war championship
- New Berlin Lakers advance to Eastern Division championship series