After the Falcons fumbled on the ensuing kickoff, Crowley went right back to Petre on first down, this time from 24 yards out. A total of 15 seconds separated the two scores. At the end of the first quarter, Eisenhower senior Mitch Teipner blocked a Brown Deer punt and recovered it in the end zone to give the Lions a 21-0 lead.
But the Falcons clawed back and made it 21-8 after a 16-play, 74-yard drive capped by the most impressive 1-yard run you’ll ever see by senior running back Najee Williams. With 4:22 left in the third quarter, Brown Deer faced a fourth and goal from the 1-yard line. The Falcons ran a toss to the left to Williams, who was met by a defender and then changed directions, outran an entire defense and scored on the opposite side of the field.
While Brown Deer dropped to 5-4 and 4-3 to finish second in the Woodland Blue, both teams will qualify for the playoffs, which begin next weekend.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seven New Berlin skaters join Greendale Ice Force co-op boys hockey team
- Experience, depth make New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball team contenders
- Coach Pat Detmer sees improvement for New Berlin co-op wrestling team
- New Berlin West boys basketball team will have their hands full in rugged West Division
- New Berlin Eisenhower swimming team names Paige Carter MVP
- Hot-shooting New Berlin West girls basketball team romps in season opener
- Coach Heft sees good things for New Berlin boys co-op swimming team
- New Berlin West girls crush Burlington in basketball opener
- New Berlin West girls bring defense to basketball court again
- New Berlin Eisenhower finishes sixth at state swimming meet