New Berlin West's football team continued to build confidence, but it was Cudahy that came away with a 19-7 victory on Friday in a defensive Woodland Conference battle.
The Vikings (1-3) took a 7-3 lead early in the third quarter when Preston Porter hit Adrian Peil for a 57-yard touchdown strike. But Cudahy rebounded, getting its own long touchdown when Teontae Morgan caught the ball and scored from 23 yards away, and two more fourth-quarter scores put the game out of reach.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Battle of first-year coaches goes to Eisenhower
- Football: Waukesha West dominates New Berlin West
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Simon excited about New Berlin Eisenhower runners
- Carter wins twice for New Berlin Eisenhower, breaks 200-freestyle mark
- Grafton runs over New Berlin West, 34-12
- Wilmot rallies to beat New Berlin Lions, 24-14
- New Berlin Lakers claim berth in Lakes'Grand Championship playoffs
- Eisenhower tennis team needs to rebuild singles lineup
- New Berlin golfers 11th at Pius Invitational