Senior John Crowley threw two touchdown passes and ran for a third as New Berlin Eisenhower blanked crosstown rival New Berlin West, 43-0, Friday night before a packed house at Eisenhower.
Crowley rushed for 101 yards on 12 carries and closed out the scoring on a 5-yard run with 1:42 left to play. The converted guard completed 4-of-6 passes for 172 yards and two scores, all to wide receiver Dylan Petre.
He hit Petre down the right sideline with 6:39 to play for a 69-yard score and then again with 11:09 left in the third period with a 32-yard pass down the right sideline again.
In between those scores, Mitch Teipner scored on a 33-yard run with 2:58 left in the first period and Anthony Stewart scored on a 5-yard run for a 22-0 lead at half-time.
Petre's second half score made it 30-0 and when Nick Taylor raced down the right sideline for a 56-yard score it was 36-0 with 7:54 left to play in the third period and that score started a running clock.
The Eisenhower defense did an excellent job led by Turner Sagat and Steve Itsines.
QB Preston Porter rushed for 49 yards in 17 carries, but he was held to 6-of-11 passing for 31 yards.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Dec, 18, 2014
- New Berlin West girls roll over Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Eisenhower girls basketball team beats Greenfield, Shorewod
- Boys basketball: Shorewood has inside edge on Eisenhower
- Eisenhower girls beat Shorewood, 50-32
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 11, 2014
- New Berlin West boys drop 60-58 thriller to North
- 2014 NOW All-Suburban Football Team: David Beshensky, Nathan Erickson earn high honorable mention
- West netters have best season in 20 years
- New Berlin West girls defeat Oostburg, 55-32