Both New Berlin Eisenhower and New Berlin West moved on to the second round of the WIAA plays with regional victories on Tuesday night.
Top-seeded Eisenhower (24-6) beat 8th-seeded West Allis Central, 12-2, at home while third-seeded West (23-6) beat Wauwatosa West, 4-2, at New Berlin West.
Ike was led by Dan York who singled and tripled and drove in three runs, while Kyle Hegeman singled, doubled, drove in a run and scored twice. Kurt Hegeman and Eric Hesselbach each drove in two runs.
Alex McRae pitched three innings, allowing a hit and fanning seven, while Keith Kaiser and Hesselbach finished up with an inning each.
Brad Duggan stopped Tosa West on six hits in a pitchers duel with Tyler Gross, who allowed five hits. Zach Scholz and Darrin Sowinski each had two hits and Sowinski scored twice and drove in a run.
Ike will face Pius, who nipped West Allis Hale, 3-2, at 11 am at New Berlin West and the host Vikings meet second-seeded Marquette at 2 p.m.
The title game will be at 5 p.m. with the winner going to Stevens Point for the state tournament next week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- New Berlin West, Eisenhower kickers eliminated from postseason
- Meleski, Eldien shine at Woodland Conference championship
- New Berlin United wins Woodland Boys volleyball title
- Football: New Berlin West closes year on two-game winning streak
- Football: Messmer/Shorewood ends Eisenhower's playoff hopes
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Big second half gives New Berlin West first win
- Eisenhower nips Greenfield in first crossover game