Both New Berlin Eisenhower and New Berlin West moved on to the second round of the WIAA plays with regional victories on Tuesday night.
Top-seeded Eisenhower (24-6) beat 8th-seeded West Allis Central, 12-2, at home while third-seeded West (23-6) beat Wauwatosa West, 4-2, at New Berlin West.
Ike was led by Dan York who singled and tripled and drove in three runs, while Kyle Hegeman singled, doubled, drove in a run and scored twice. Kurt Hegeman and Eric Hesselbach each drove in two runs.
Alex McRae pitched three innings, allowing a hit and fanning seven, while Keith Kaiser and Hesselbach finished up with an inning each.
Brad Duggan stopped Tosa West on six hits in a pitchers duel with Tyler Gross, who allowed five hits. Zach Scholz and Darrin Sowinski each had two hits and Sowinski scored twice and drove in a run.
Ike will face Pius, who nipped West Allis Hale, 3-2, at 11 am at New Berlin West and the host Vikings meet second-seeded Marquette at 2 p.m.
The title game will be at 5 p.m. with the winner going to Stevens Point for the state tournament next week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team had 'successful' year, Vahovick says
- Area baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game (2)
- New Berlin West's Radtke commits to Lake Superior State
- New Berlin West's Fritz tosses 3-hitter but drops 2-1 decision to West Allis Hale
- Baseball: Whitnall edges Eisenhower in wild extra-inning WIAA regional contest
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Eisenhower baseball team goes 3-0 in Woodland consolation bracket
- New Berlin West only wins once in Woodland championship bracket
- Lombardo, Nowak earn NOW All-Suburban honors
- Sports Notes: July 9, 2015