Both New Berlin Eisenhower and New Berlin West moved on to the second round of the WIAA plays with regional victories on Tuesday night.
Top-seeded Eisenhower (24-6) beat 8th-seeded West Allis Central, 12-2, at home while third-seeded West (23-6) beat Wauwatosa West, 4-2, at New Berlin West.
Ike was led by Dan York who singled and tripled and drove in three runs, while Kyle Hegeman singled, doubled, drove in a run and scored twice. Kurt Hegeman and Eric Hesselbach each drove in two runs.
Alex McRae pitched three innings, allowing a hit and fanning seven, while Keith Kaiser and Hesselbach finished up with an inning each.
Brad Duggan stopped Tosa West on six hits in a pitchers duel with Tyler Gross, who allowed five hits. Zach Scholz and Darrin Sowinski each had two hits and Sowinski scored twice and drove in a run.
Ike will face Pius, who nipped West Allis Hale, 3-2, at 11 am at New Berlin West and the host Vikings meet second-seeded Marquette at 2 p.m.
The title game will be at 5 p.m. with the winner going to Stevens Point for the state tournament next week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: March 5, 2015
- FMOW gymnasts win sectional with season-best score
- New Berlin West girls stage early-round stunner
- Girls basketball: New Berlin West beats Eisenhower for regional championship crown
- Girls basketball: New Berlin West girls stage early-round stunner, down Pewaukee
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 26, 2015
- Scholz, Balcerak win conference gymnastics titles for Franklin-Muskego-Oak Creek-Whitnall
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball finish second after win over Pewaukee
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 19, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys beat Vikings, Trojans