New Berlin Eisenhower senior Alex McRae fanned 11 hitters and allowed five hits as the Lions finished their regular season with a 5-1 win over Nicolet Friday night at home.
With the scored tied at 1-1 in the fifth the Lions exploded for four runs with two outs to clinch the win.
Kurt Hegeman singled and scored when Dan York doubled to right center to take a 2-1 lead. McRae was then intentionall walked and Kyle Hegeman beat out a hit to shortstop to load the bases.
Anthony Hintz then had the night's biggest hit when he slammed a bases loaded double to left center that cleared the bases.
The Lions took a 1-0 lead with Kurt Hegeman's single, a stolen base and York's single to left field in the third inning. Nicolet's Hunter Crass scored in the fifth after reaching on an infield hit. He was sacrificed to second and then scored on Tyler Crass' double to right field.
The Lions finished the regular season with a 23-6 record while the Knights are 17-10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team had 'successful' year, Vahovick says
- Area baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game (2)
- New Berlin West's Radtke commits to Lake Superior State
- New Berlin West's Fritz tosses 3-hitter but drops 2-1 decision to West Allis Hale
- Baseball: Whitnall edges Eisenhower in wild extra-inning WIAA regional contest
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Eisenhower baseball team goes 3-0 in Woodland consolation bracket
- New Berlin West only wins once in Woodland championship bracket
- Lombardo, Nowak earn NOW All-Suburban honors
- Sports Notes: July 9, 2015