New Berlin Eisenhower senior Alex McRae fanned 11 hitters and allowed five hits as the Lions finished their regular season with a 5-1 win over Nicolet Friday night at home.
With the scored tied at 1-1 in the fifth the Lions exploded for four runs with two outs to clinch the win.
Kurt Hegeman singled and scored when Dan York doubled to right center to take a 2-1 lead. McRae was then intentionall walked and Kyle Hegeman beat out a hit to shortstop to load the bases.
Anthony Hintz then had the night's biggest hit when he slammed a bases loaded double to left center that cleared the bases.
The Lions took a 1-0 lead with Kurt Hegeman's single, a stolen base and York's single to left field in the third inning. Nicolet's Hunter Crass scored in the fifth after reaching on an infield hit. He was sacrificed to second and then scored on Tyler Crass' double to right field.
The Lions finished the regular season with a 23-6 record while the Knights are 17-10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls sweep West, 53-43
- Third time is the charm for New Berlin Eisenhower girls
- Girls basketball: Kozlowski keys Lions' third win over West
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Pewaukee finds another gear in overtime to down New Berlin Eisenhower
- New Berlin West boys basketball loses to Catholic Memorial
- Boys basketball: Pewaukee finds another gear in overtime to down Lions
- Boys basketball: Eisenhower dials long distance, downs CMH
- Central extends win streak to five games
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls find shot in second half