New Berlin Eisenhower senior Alex McRae fanned 11 hitters and allowed five hits as the Lions finished their regular season with a 5-1 win over Nicolet Friday night at home.
With the scored tied at 1-1 in the fifth the Lions exploded for four runs with two outs to clinch the win.
Kurt Hegeman singled and scored when Dan York doubled to right center to take a 2-1 lead. McRae was then intentionall walked and Kyle Hegeman beat out a hit to shortstop to load the bases.
Anthony Hintz then had the night's biggest hit when he slammed a bases loaded double to left center that cleared the bases.
The Lions took a 1-0 lead with Kurt Hegeman's single, a stolen base and York's single to left field in the third inning. Nicolet's Hunter Crass scored in the fifth after reaching on an infield hit. He was sacrificed to second and then scored on Tyler Crass' double to right field.
The Lions finished the regular season with a 23-6 record while the Knights are 17-10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carter wins twice for New Berlin Eisenhower, breaks 200-freestyle mark
- Grafton runs over New Berlin West, 34-12
- Wilmot rallies to beat New Berlin Lions, 24-14
- New Berlin Lakers claim berth in Lakes'Grand Championship playoffs
- Eisenhower tennis team needs to rebuild singles lineup
- New Berlin golfers 11th at Pius Invitational
- New Berlin West shooting to make football playoffs again
- New Berlin West kickers return eight letter winners
- Kern looking to open up Eisenhower football team's offense
- Troy excited about Eisenhower kickers' chances