New Berlin West (13-3, 20-6) scored 11 runs in the first inning and coasted to a 16-1 victory over Wauwatosa West at Breitlow Field on Thursday night.
Zach Scholz and Darrin Sowinski drove in nine runs from the 1-2 spots in the order.
Scholz had four hits, including a double, three runs scored and four RBIs. Sowinski had three hits, including a double and a homer, scored three times and drove in five runs. Austin Brzeski also homered for the Vikings.
Austin Fritz pitched a 5-inning complete game win, allowing two hits and four walks and fanned one hit. Tyler Gross and Jake Boudreaux each singled for the Trojans, who are now 8-9 and 12-14.
Matt Gillis and Austin Jones combined to allow one run in the final three innings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Eisenhower's Kozlowski named to Now All-Suburban Team
- New Berlin West's Jef Radtke named Now Coach of Year
- Germantown's Zak Showalter plays prominent role in Wisconsin's surge to Final Four
- New Berlin West track team posts 7 firsts at Schreiber Classic Indoor
- Novotny helps key New Berlin West girls' drive down the stretch
- New Berlin Eisenhower softball team blanks Pewaukee 13-0 in opener
- New Berlin West girls soccer team has experience, talent
- Sports Notes: March 26, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball team to lose six seniors to graduation
- New Berlin Eisenhower track team off to strong start