New Berlin West (13-3, 20-6) scored 11 runs in the first inning and coasted to a 16-1 victory over Wauwatosa West at Breitlow Field on Thursday night.
Zach Scholz and Darrin Sowinski drove in nine runs from the 1-2 spots in the order.
Scholz had four hits, including a double, three runs scored and four RBIs. Sowinski had three hits, including a double and a homer, scored three times and drove in five runs. Austin Brzeski also homered for the Vikings.
Austin Fritz pitched a 5-inning complete game win, allowing two hits and four walks and fanned one hit. Tyler Gross and Jake Boudreaux each singled for the Trojans, who are now 8-9 and 12-14.
Matt Gillis and Austin Jones combined to allow one run in the final three innings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team takes home wins against Trojans, Northstars
- Eisenhower's Karvala finds curveball, stops Shorewood
- New Berlin West's Henrichs earns top soccer honors
- New Berlin Eisenhower baseball teams wins 3 in a row
- Peil's hit defeats Cudahy in seventh to give New Berlin West the win
- Sport Shorts: June 18, 2015
- Seniors Erickson, Russell lead New Berlin Eisenhower at state golf
- Muskego boys golf team winds up 15th in D1 state tournament
- Plenty of talent to return for New Berlin West softball team
- Zubke, Jedrzejewski earn top soccer honors for New Berlin Eisenhower