New Berlin West (13-3, 20-6) scored 11 runs in the first inning and coasted to a 16-1 victory over Wauwatosa West at Breitlow Field on Thursday night.
Zach Scholz and Darrin Sowinski drove in nine runs from the 1-2 spots in the order.
Scholz had four hits, including a double, three runs scored and four RBIs. Sowinski had three hits, including a double and a homer, scored three times and drove in five runs. Austin Brzeski also homered for the Vikings.
Austin Fritz pitched a 5-inning complete game win, allowing two hits and four walks and fanned one hit. Tyler Gross and Jake Boudreaux each singled for the Trojans, who are now 8-9 and 12-14.
Matt Gillis and Austin Jones combined to allow one run in the final three innings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seven New Berlin skaters join Greendale Ice Force co-op boys hockey team
- Experience, depth make New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball team contenders
- Coach Pat Detmer sees improvement for New Berlin co-op wrestling team
- New Berlin West boys basketball team will have their hands full in rugged West Division
- New Berlin Eisenhower swimming team names Paige Carter MVP
- Hot-shooting New Berlin West girls basketball team romps in season opener
- Coach Heft sees good things for New Berlin boys co-op swimming team
- New Berlin West girls crush Burlington in basketball opener
- New Berlin West girls bring defense to basketball court again
- New Berlin Eisenhower finishes sixth at state swimming meet