New Berlin West (13-3, 20-6) scored 11 runs in the first inning and coasted to a 16-1 victory over Wauwatosa West at Breitlow Field on Thursday night.
Zach Scholz and Darrin Sowinski drove in nine runs from the 1-2 spots in the order.
Scholz had four hits, including a double, three runs scored and four RBIs. Sowinski had three hits, including a double and a homer, scored three times and drove in five runs. Austin Brzeski also homered for the Vikings.
Austin Fritz pitched a 5-inning complete game win, allowing two hits and four walks and fanned one hit. Tyler Gross and Jake Boudreaux each singled for the Trojans, who are now 8-9 and 12-14.
Matt Gillis and Austin Jones combined to allow one run in the final three innings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin West swimmers returning plenty of talent
- New Berlin Eisenhower's Carey, Canady stand out in 35-0 rout of Mauston
- Football: Red Knights wear down New Berlin West
- Carey, defense spark New Berlin Eisenhower win
- New Berlin West has new talent, experience
- New Berlin Eisenhower swimming team second at Falcon Funfest swim meet
- New Berlin West drops back-and-fourth game to Port Washington
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: New Berlin West Vikings
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: New Berlin Eisenhower Lions
- Eisenhower returning experienced tennis team