Madison - Local athletes won big while competing at the 2011 Special Olympics Wisconsin State Summer Games in Stevens Point on June 9-11.
Congratulations to all of the following athletes.
Kristin Martin took first in the 100, third in the 400 relay and third in the shot put. James Boser was first in the running long jump and Amanda Heard, first in the softball throw.
Steve Garbe was second in the 400 relay, second in the running long jump and third in the shot put and Tim Garbe took second in the 400 relay.
Dan Sutton was second in soccer, Phil Herrera was second in the 400 relay, third in the running long jump and third in the shot put. James Reese was second in the 50 dash, second in the standing long jump and third in the softball throw.
Bernard Beckers III was third in the 50 dash and third in the javelin and Mark McGarry was third in the 100.
Scott Appleby was fourth in the softball throw and sixth in the 50 and Michael Laffey finished fourth in the standing long jump.
Tyler Jaquish was fifth in the shot put and Craig Buker, seventh in the 25 backstroke.
Athletes from around the state qualified for the State Summer Games according to their recent performances at the local, regional or district tournaments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meyer's three-run homer sparks New Berlin Eisenhower's win over West
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower track team beats Vikings in dual meet
- Despite youth, Eisenhower's tennis players are talented
- Sport Shorts: April 16, 2015
- New Berlin athletics schedule picks up after spring break
- Personal bests abound for Eisenhower tracksters at WTFA
- Sport Shorts: April 9, 2015
- Eisenhower boys second in Woodland Indoor
- New Berlin West girls track team second at Woodland Indoor