Both New Berlin boys basketball teams bit the dust in the WIAA Regional semi-finals on Friday.
Whitnall (16-7) beat Eisenhower (16-7) for the third time this year, 54-46, at Whitnall. Ike led 19-18 at intermission, but the Falcons took a 33-29 lead into the fourth quarter and outscored the Lions, 21-17.
Danny Meymier had 22 points for Whitnall and Stephen Pelkofer had 10. Reed Timmer had 15 for Ike and Alex McRae 12.
New Berlin West (18-5) dropped a 49-47 decision to Pewaukee (17-7) at home. The Vikings had beaten the Pirates twice during the regular season.
The Vikings led 25-20 at half and 34-29 after three periods, but the Pirates had a 20-13 fourth-quarter run for the win.
West's Chad Mathwig finished with 15 points while Jordan Edgerson had 12 points and Tony Trahan 11 for the Pirates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys track team second at Woodland
- New Berlin West girls take second at Woodland
- Tosa East HOF induction set for May 30
- East's Libbey, Fisher win events
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys track team wins Hale Invite
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys track team wins Richmond/Erickson Invite
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball camps set for June 15-18
- New Berlin West girls fourth, Eisenhower sixth at Hale Invite
- New Berlin West third, Ike fourth at Woodland Relays