Both New Berlin boys basketball teams bit the dust in the WIAA Regional semi-finals on Friday.
Whitnall (16-7) beat Eisenhower (16-7) for the third time this year, 54-46, at Whitnall. Ike led 19-18 at intermission, but the Falcons took a 33-29 lead into the fourth quarter and outscored the Lions, 21-17.
Danny Meymier had 22 points for Whitnall and Stephen Pelkofer had 10. Reed Timmer had 15 for Ike and Alex McRae 12.
New Berlin West (18-5) dropped a 49-47 decision to Pewaukee (17-7) at home. The Vikings had beaten the Pirates twice during the regular season.
The Vikings led 25-20 at half and 34-29 after three periods, but the Pirates had a 20-13 fourth-quarter run for the win.
West's Chad Mathwig finished with 15 points while Jordan Edgerson had 12 points and Tony Trahan 11 for the Pirates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eisenhower baseball team had 'successful' year, Vahovick says
- Area baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game (2)
- New Berlin West's Radtke commits to Lake Superior State
- New Berlin West's Fritz tosses 3-hitter but drops 2-1 decision to West Allis Hale
- Baseball: Whitnall edges Eisenhower in wild extra-inning WIAA regional contest
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Eisenhower baseball team goes 3-0 in Woodland consolation bracket
- New Berlin West only wins once in Woodland championship bracket
- Lombardo, Nowak earn NOW All-Suburban honors
- Sports Notes: July 9, 2015