Both New Berlin boys basketball teams bit the dust in the WIAA Regional semi-finals on Friday.
Whitnall (16-7) beat Eisenhower (16-7) for the third time this year, 54-46, at Whitnall. Ike led 19-18 at intermission, but the Falcons took a 33-29 lead into the fourth quarter and outscored the Lions, 21-17.
Danny Meymier had 22 points for Whitnall and Stephen Pelkofer had 10. Reed Timmer had 15 for Ike and Alex McRae 12.
New Berlin West (18-5) dropped a 49-47 decision to Pewaukee (17-7) at home. The Vikings had beaten the Pirates twice during the regular season.
The Vikings led 25-20 at half and 34-29 after three periods, but the Pirates had a 20-13 fourth-quarter run for the win.
West's Chad Mathwig finished with 15 points while Jordan Edgerson had 12 points and Tony Trahan 11 for the Pirates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin West swimmers returning plenty of talent
- New Berlin Eisenhower's Carey, Canady stand out in 35-0 rout of Mauston
- Football: Red Knights wear down New Berlin West
- Carey, defense spark New Berlin Eisenhower win
- New Berlin West has new talent, experience
- New Berlin Eisenhower swimming team second at Falcon Funfest swim meet
- New Berlin West drops back-and-fourth game to Port Washington
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: New Berlin West Vikings
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: New Berlin Eisenhower Lions
- Eisenhower returning experienced tennis team