Both New Berlin boys basketball teams bit the dust in the WIAA Regional semi-finals on Friday.
Whitnall (16-7) beat Eisenhower (16-7) for the third time this year, 54-46, at Whitnall. Ike led 19-18 at intermission, but the Falcons took a 33-29 lead into the fourth quarter and outscored the Lions, 21-17.
Danny Meymier had 22 points for Whitnall and Stephen Pelkofer had 10. Reed Timmer had 15 for Ike and Alex McRae 12.
New Berlin West (18-5) dropped a 49-47 decision to Pewaukee (17-7) at home. The Vikings had beaten the Pirates twice during the regular season.
The Vikings led 25-20 at half and 34-29 after three periods, but the Pirates had a 20-13 fourth-quarter run for the win.
West's Chad Mathwig finished with 15 points while Jordan Edgerson had 12 points and Tony Trahan 11 for the Pirates.
- New Berlin and Muskego Sports Shorts: June 2
- West holds off Eisenhower, 7-6, to win regional softball title
- Muskego and New Berlin Sports Shorts: May 26
- Eisenhower boys win Woodland tennis title
- SOFTBALL: New Berlin West wins third conference title in six years
- Boys track and field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys capture Woodland title
- Baseball: Eisenhower, New Berlin West baseball teams have different expectations (1)
- Grade school basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower seventh-grade boys basketball team wins D2 state title
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016