Both New Berlin boys basketball teams bit the dust in the WIAA Regional semi-finals on Friday.
Whitnall (16-7) beat Eisenhower (16-7) for the third time this year, 54-46, at Whitnall. Ike led 19-18 at intermission, but the Falcons took a 33-29 lead into the fourth quarter and outscored the Lions, 21-17.
Danny Meymier had 22 points for Whitnall and Stephen Pelkofer had 10. Reed Timmer had 15 for Ike and Alex McRae 12.
New Berlin West (18-5) dropped a 49-47 decision to Pewaukee (17-7) at home. The Vikings had beaten the Pirates twice during the regular season.
The Vikings led 25-20 at half and 34-29 after three periods, but the Pirates had a 20-13 fourth-quarter run for the win.
West's Chad Mathwig finished with 15 points while Jordan Edgerson had 12 points and Tony Trahan 11 for the Pirates.
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team exceeded expectations
- Girls basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball team wins summer tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball team drops heartbreaker to Greendale in regional final
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team falls to Cudahy in WIAA regional
- Baseball: New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team wins twice in Woodland Conference tournament
- Baseball: New Berlin West baseball wins Woodland Conference tournament
- Softball: New Berlin West's Greg Klotz is Now Newspapers' Coach of Year
- Softball: New Berlin West's Sowinski, Klotz named to Now All-Suburban softball team
- Softball: Nowak, Rossbach continued New Berlin Eisenhower's softball tradition