New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- New Berlin West, Eisenhower kickers eliminated from postseason
- Meleski, Eldien shine at Woodland Conference championship
- New Berlin United wins Woodland Boys volleyball title
- Football: New Berlin West closes year on two-game winning streak
- Football: Messmer/Shorewood ends Eisenhower's playoff hopes
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Big second half gives New Berlin West first win
- Eisenhower nips Greenfield in first crossover game