New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
- Sports Notes: May 5, 2016
- Sport Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Girls soccer: New Berlin Eisenhower girls soccer team tied for first in Woodland
- Boys track and field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys second at Altheimer Track Invitational
- Softball: First-place New Berlin West softball team improves to 8-0
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Boys volleyball: Nick Maske named New Berlin United boys volleyball coach
- Sports Notes: April 21
- Sport Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Softball: New Berlin West softball team improves to 4-0 on diamond