New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin West wins first tennis title since 1986
- New Berlin West boys soccer team beats Wilmot in final game of own tourney
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 1, 2015
- Football: New Berlin Eisenhower rolls over Pewaukee
- New Berlin Eisenhower swimming team wins Woodland Conference Relays
- Football: Jordan Canady, Eisenhower football win battle of New Berlin with ease
- New Berlin Eisenhower football team routs Pius for two wins in a row
- New Berlin West football team drops heartbreaker to Pewaukee
- Eisenhower girls swimming team dominates at Rocket Relays
- New Berlin United loses to Germantown in own invitational