New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin West's Madison Tew snares 200 freestyle state championship
- New Berlin West's Hewitt earns first-team all-conference honors
- New Berlin West basketball girls have depth, quickness
- Lesniewski named Eisenhower MVP
- Kozlowski, Brackmann back to lead Lions
- Paige Carter, Bella Passamani lead way for Eisenhower in state swim
- Boys volleyball: New Berlin holds off Appleton North to reach final
- Boys volleyball: Even after heartbreaking loss in state final, New Berlin proud of run
- New Berlin boys volleyball falls in state-title match
- Boys volleyball: New Berlin United catch fire in fourth, reach state semis