New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
- Muskego and New Berlin Sports Shorts: May 26
- Eisenhower boys win Woodland tennis title
- SOFTBALL: New Berlin West wins third conference title in six years
- Boys track and field: New Berlin Eisenhower boys capture Woodland title
- Baseball: Eisenhower, New Berlin West baseball teams have different expectations (1)
- Grade school basketball: New Berlin Eisenhower seventh-grade boys basketball team wins D2 state title
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- Softball: Eisenhower softball teams bounces back with two big wins
- Softball: New Berlin West wins two Woodland softball games