New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Lakers claim berth in Lakes'Grand Championship playoffs
- Eisenhower tennis team needs to rebuild singles lineup
- New Berlin golfers 11th at Pius Invitational
- New Berlin West shooting to make football playoffs again
- New Berlin West kickers return eight letter winners
- Kern looking to open up Eisenhower football team's offense
- Troy excited about Eisenhower kickers' chances
- Knoll, Peil make Now All-Suburban Baseball Team again
- Madison to host tug of war championship
- New Berlin Lakers advance to Eastern Division championship series