New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: March 13
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls sweep West, 53-43
- Third time is the charm for New Berlin Eisenhower girls
- Girls basketball: Kozlowski keys Lions' third win over West
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Pewaukee finds another gear in overtime to down New Berlin Eisenhower
- New Berlin West boys basketball loses to Catholic Memorial
- Boys basketball: Pewaukee finds another gear in overtime to down Lions
- Boys basketball: Eisenhower dials long distance, downs CMH
- Central extends win streak to five games