New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FMOW gymnasts win sectional with season-best score
- New Berlin West girls stage early-round stunner
- Girls basketball: New Berlin West keeps postseason train rolling with win over Eisenhower
- Girls basketball: New Berlin West girls stage early-round stunner, down Pewaukee
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 26, 2015
- Scholz, Balcerak win conference gymnastics titles for Franklin-Muskego-Oak Creek-Whitnall
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball finish second after win over Pewaukee
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 19, 2015
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys beat Vikings, Trojans
- New Berlin Eisenhower girls basketball earns top postseason seed