New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys four points short of indoor track title
- New Berlin West girls track second in Woodland West Indoor
- New Berlin West out-slugs Pewaukee in softball opener
- New Berlin Eisenhower softball rolls to four straight wins
- New Berlin West girls soccer off to 2-1 start
- Sign up for New Berlin Eisenhower youth girls basketball is May 5
- New Berlin West sets girls basketball camps
- Chelsea Brackmann named to NOW All-Suburban Basketball Team
- Sports Shorts: April 10