New Berlin Eisenhower exploded after a slow start and beat Wauwatosa West, 75-63, in Woodland Conference play Friday night in New Berlin.
After Tosa West took a 12-5 lead in the first period, the Lions doubled up the score (20-10) in the second period for a 25-22 lead at half-time. Ike then outscored West, 29-15, to take a 54-37 lead into the final period.
The final period was a fast-paced high scoring quarter, as West had a 26-21 advantage, but it was too little too late for the Trojans.
West's Tyler Krause led all scorers with 27 points while Jarvis Ashley and Ricky Landers had 10 each. Keith Kahlfeldt scored 24 to lead the Lions while Alex McRae and Reed Timmer had 17 and 15, respectively.
The Lions are now 2-0 in league play and 3-0 overall. Tosa West fell to 1-2, 2-4 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin Eisenhower's Carey, Canady stand out in 35-0 rout of Mauston
- Football: Red Knights wear down New Berlin West
- Carey, defense spark New Berlin Eisenhower win
- New Berlin West has new talent, experience
- New Berlin Eisenhower swimming team second at Falcon Funfest swim meet
- New Berlin West drops back-and-fourth game to Port Washington
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: New Berlin West Vikings
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: New Berlin Eisenhower Lions
- Eisenhower returning experienced tennis team
- New Berlin Eisenhower swimmers looking for improvement