Anyone who has been to the Walmart in the New Berlin City Center lately knows that the store is inviting customers to sign a petition if they would like to see the Walmart Super Center proposed for Greenfield Avenue built.
The store has a display of where the controversial Walmart would be located, showing its placement including how far off the road it would be.
If shoppers pause at the display, a staff member invites them to sign the petition if they would like the store to be built.
Currently, Walmart officials are trying to win city approval of the proposed store at 15205 W. Greenfield Ave. The store would need a change in zoning and in the city 2020 Comprehensive Plan.
The goal of the petition is to try to show city officials that there is support for the proposed Walmart.
If the Super Center is approved, the current Walmart will be closed.
- Three days of fun start Friday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, New Berlin
- Campus News: July 28, 2016
- New emergency center open in New Berlin
- Ralph and Loretta Dolata: 60th wedding anniversary
- Conservation subdivisions help New Berlin keep rural atmophere
- New Berlin officials mull $4.3M utility shop expansion
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought