Gov. Scott Walker took both Muskego and New Berlin on the way to his statewide win over Democratic challenger Tom Barrett in Tuesday's recall election.
With an 83.6 percent turnout in New Berlin, Walker polled 70 percent to Barrett's 29 percent. With the results still unofficial, the vote totals were 16,128 for Walker and 6,722 for Barrett. Independent candidate Hari Trivedi and write-ins got less than 1 percent.
In Muskego, where the turnout was 86 percent, Walker captured 73 percent to Barrett's 27 percent. The unofficial vote totals were 10,023 for Walker and 3,652 for Barrett.
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community this Fourth of July
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College