Many New Berlin School District employees will receive a one-time payment outside of the collective bargaining process, the New Berlin School Board decided Monday.
The board approved a 1.64 percent increase for the 2011-12 school year and a 1.86 percent increase for the current 2012-13 school year. Those who will receive the payment are current teachers, specialists, librarians, psychologists, counselors, therapists and special education paraprofessionals who worked for the district before this year. Payments are expected to be made early in 2013.
Board member Art Marquardt called the one-time payment an important way-station as the district works on a full compensation redesign. The compensation plan will be designed to recruit, retain and reward employees, and will form the basis of future compensation decisions.
While that redesign is in progress, the board wants to show the staff how it values and appreciates employees, board President David Maxey said.
The staff works hard and the board wants to recognize that, said board member Tom David, who also noted that it will help them keep up with the cost of living.
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- Joe Garza Joins LindenGrove Board of Directors
- New Berlin grandfather pleads guilty to 4th-degree sexual assault
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 16, 2016
- Weekly car show ignites in New Berlin