Many New Berlin School District employees will receive a one-time payment outside of the collective bargaining process, the New Berlin School Board decided Monday.
The board approved a 1.64 percent increase for the 2011-12 school year and a 1.86 percent increase for the current 2012-13 school year. Those who will receive the payment are current teachers, specialists, librarians, psychologists, counselors, therapists and special education paraprofessionals who worked for the district before this year. Payments are expected to be made early in 2013.
Board member Art Marquardt called the one-time payment an important way-station as the district works on a full compensation redesign. The compensation plan will be designed to recruit, retain and reward employees, and will form the basis of future compensation decisions.
While that redesign is in progress, the board wants to show the staff how it values and appreciates employees, board President David Maxey said.
The staff works hard and the board wants to recognize that, said board member Tom David, who also noted that it will help them keep up with the cost of living.
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought
- New Berlin bicyclist killed in collision with semitrailer truck in Pewaukee
- Police ask charges against Muskego man suspected of embezzlement
- Market assessment wanted for City Center
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community in 2016's Fourth of July festivities