Ex-club officers accused of thefts
New Berlin police are seeking charges against two women who allegedly stole more than $80,000 from the New Berlin Soccer Club while acting as officers of the club.
The cases have been referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office.
One of the women is a 42-year-old New Berlin woman who is alleged to have taken more than $70,000 for personal use between August 2009 and April 2013, according to police. She was the club's president and treasurer, police said.
Also arrested was a 42-year-old Burlington woman (formerly of New Berlin) who police believe stole more than $12,000 from the club between February 2008 and January 2010 while she was the club's treasurer.
The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against a former official of the New Berlin Soccer Club who allegedly stole more than $70,000 from the club.
The woman, 42, was arrested May 5 after an inquiry that started when Anchor Bank notified the soccer club that its checking account was overdrawn, said New Berlin Police Capt. Michael Glider. The woman was a club official at the time of her arrest, Glider said.
She is released on her own recognizance at this time.
Police believe she used the money for mortgage payments, travel, food, household utilities and purchases, Glider said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin accepts offers for two former school properties
- Cost of razing part of Muskego park building puts brakes on idea
- New Berlin, Muskego students record noticeable gains in WKCE test scores
- Southeast New Berlin gas station becoming a robbery target
- New Berlin and Muskego schools viewed as among most challenging in nation: Rated as the most challenging
- New Berlin librarian leaves an improved facility and grateful staff
- Police Report: April 14
- New Berlin, Muskego officials ask Madison lawmakers for relief from stormwater tax
- New Berlin incumbent alderman defeated by former Illinois mayor