I am running to return as mayor of the city of New Berlin. This campaign is rooted in passion for our city and respect for our residents. As the race began, I called the incumbent mayor, each alderman, and other mayoral candidates to explain I am not running "against" anyone but rather for a new vision for New Berlin, and that I will run a vigorous and positive campaign. Seven weeks of door-to-door campaigning have reinforced these values.
As I meet residents, I ask for their priorities and tell them about my values. Most people bring up specific examples of their concerns, many of which have been covered in the media. What residents tell me they expect of their local officials could be summarized as: maintaining the rural character of the west side; well-located, upscale development that increases the tax base; improved early communication about proposed developments; common sense infrastructure improvements; and conservative fiscal policy with full accountability to taxpayers.
The best elected officials work together. I would like to hear from as many residents and business owners as possible to know your priorities and to ask your advice. I would be grateful for anyone to call me directly at (262) 613-5670 or email me at MC@LanserForMayor.com and hope to work with residents, corporate citizens, aldermen and staff as part of a new vision for New Berlin.
Mary Claire Lanser
- In brief: arson, memory, taxes
- Cement gone from sewer, but New Berlin waiting for cash to flow
- Arraignments for New Berlin suspects in two attempted armed robberies
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)