Within an hour, police went from opening an investigating into a fresh report of an armed robbery at a New Berlin gas station to essentially closing the book on the case.
Rindt's Citgo station, 19400 W. College Ave., was robbed shortly after 8 a.m. today by two masked men, who fled with cash, then ran two blocks to a waiting vehicle in which a third man was waiting, according to police. It wasn't a clean getaway.
When a station employee told a customer what had just occurred moments earlier, the customer immediately drove in the direction where the masked men were seen running. The customer saw a vehicle, recorded its license plate number and reported it to police, who quickly discovered that the plate was registered to a resident in Waukesha.
At about 8:40 a.m., Waukesha police located a van matching the description at Baird Street and West Avenue in Waukesha and saw three suspects flee from the vehicle. After surrounding the area, police apprehended all three and also reportedly recovered the weapons used in the robbery as well as the stolen cash.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Character' coach named New Berlin Citizen of the Year
- New Berlin seeks policy for taxing units promoting development
- Fees shoot up for New Berlin recreation swim lessons, pool classes
- New Berlin sets hearing on proposed zero-increase property tax budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- No speakers at New Berlin schools' hearing on $5.1 million borrowing
- New Berlin Food Pantry to receive $10,000 from Hormel plant
- Lawyer turned missionary to hold fourth run/walk
- New Berlin CDA approves accessible housing grant program
- Parking lot paving starting any time at New Berlin's Valley View Park