Within an hour, police went from opening an investigating into a fresh report of an armed robbery at a New Berlin gas station to essentially closing the book on the case.
Rindt's Citgo station, 19400 W. College Ave., was robbed shortly after 8 a.m. today by two masked men, who fled with cash, then ran two blocks to a waiting vehicle in which a third man was waiting, according to police. It wasn't a clean getaway.
When a station employee told a customer what had just occurred moments earlier, the customer immediately drove in the direction where the masked men were seen running. The customer saw a vehicle, recorded its license plate number and reported it to police, who quickly discovered that the plate was registered to a resident in Waukesha.
At about 8:40 a.m., Waukesha police located a van matching the description at Baird Street and West Avenue in Waukesha and saw three suspects flee from the vehicle. After surrounding the area, police apprehended all three and also reportedly recovered the weapons used in the robbery as well as the stolen cash.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Nov. 4 poll visits a right of fall
- Street crews help parks shore up a muddy walkway
- Setting it straight
- New City Center apartments set to open in New Berlin by March
- sw_calendar_1030 .now.com
- New Berlin sets new date for debate on taking over waste contractions
- Meeting set on changes in collection of residential recyclables and trash
- New Berlin schools invest to further STEM