Within an hour, police went from opening an investigating into a fresh report of an armed robbery at a New Berlin gas station to essentially closing the book on the case.
Rindt's Citgo station, 19400 W. College Ave., was robbed shortly after 8 a.m. today by two masked men, who fled with cash, then ran two blocks to a waiting vehicle in which a third man was waiting, according to police. It wasn't a clean getaway.
When a station employee told a customer what had just occurred moments earlier, the customer immediately drove in the direction where the masked men were seen running. The customer saw a vehicle, recorded its license plate number and reported it to police, who quickly discovered that the plate was registered to a resident in Waukesha.
At about 8:40 a.m., Waukesha police located a van matching the description at Baird Street and West Avenue in Waukesha and saw three suspects flee from the vehicle. After surrounding the area, police apprehended all three and also reportedly recovered the weapons used in the robbery as well as the stolen cash.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue