Muskego has hired an outside law firm to provide legal advice to the city concerning any issue tied to the recall efforts against Mayor Kathy Chiaverottti and aldermen Keith Werner and Neome Schaumberg.
On Tuesday night, the Common Council selected Maistelman & Associates, which assisted Muskego several years ago when then-Mayor Charles Damaske was involved in a recall election in 2006.
The reason for outside help is that the law firm that normally provides city attorney services - Arenz, Molter, Macy, Riffle & Larson -to Muskego notified officials that it would appear to be a conflict of interest if the firm provided assistance to the city clerk on recall issues.
Maistelman & Associates will charge the same as the city's regular legal firm. City officials expect only minimal expenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- An early look at election filings in New Berlin
- Memories descend upon WWII paratrooper in New Berlin
- Muskego School Board president won't seek re-election
- News & Notes: Nov. 28
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Some names paved the way for New Berlin's history
- New Berlin Christmas Parade comes earlier in 2013
- Company emerges bigger and better in New Berlin