A plan to periodically change the location of the Waterbugs ski team ski jump on Little Muskego Lake took a little spill at last night's Muskego Public Safety Committee meeting.
The Waterbugs put on weekly ski shows in the summer and also use the jump for practice.
The city is exploring having different locations for the jump so that the same homeowners don't have to look at it year after year.
The Parks and Recreation Board suggested moving it near Holtz Island.
But in response, Tom Zagar, city conservation coordinator, said Holtz Island is in an environmentally sensitive area.
The Public Safety Committee will consult with the Parks Board to see what other possibilities there might be.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin accepts offers for two former school properties
- Cost of razing part of Muskego park building puts brakes on idea
- New Berlin, Muskego students record noticeable gains in WKCE test scores
- Southeast New Berlin gas station becoming a robbery target
- New Berlin and Muskego schools viewed as among most challenging in nation: Rated as the most challenging
- New Berlin librarian leaves an improved facility and grateful staff
- Police Report: April 14
- New Berlin, Muskego officials ask Madison lawmakers for relief from stormwater tax
- New Berlin incumbent alderman defeated by former Illinois mayor