The $29.9 million facilities referendum failed by a 65 to 35 percent margin in the Muskego-Norway School District in balloting today.
With 3,424 "no" votes against 1,849 "yes" votes, the referendum failed by an even larger margin in today's special election than the original $34 million referendum that was voted down last November.
Turnout was about 29 percent of registered voters.
School Board President Jim Schaefer said, "We respect the community's vote."
The elementary schools still have needs, though, and the School Board will meet to discuss where to go from here, Schaefer said. That discussion will likely start Nov. 21.
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community this Fourth of July
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College