Assuming the city and property owners can come to an agreement on a price, the creation of a park along Little Muskego Lake will face additional public input.
Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti said today a meeting will be held on the controversial proposal.
Those against the idea were worried that the Common Council would go ahead with the proposed purchase of most of two lake homes and lake frontages from two more without more public input, but the mayor eased concerns on that front.
For now, there is no deal in place. The city and the four property owners that would give up land for the park are negotiating. But Chiaverotti said if a price can be agreed on, a meeting will be held and an overview given, after which everyone can offer their opinions.
The appraisals arrived only Tuesday on the properties. The two homes came in at $3.7 million for W18004 and W17960 Janesville Road. The strips along the lake added another $869,000, bringing the total to $4,365,000.
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- Joe Garza Joins LindenGrove Board of Directors
- New Berlin grandfather pleads guilty to 4th-degree sexual assault
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 16, 2016
- Weekly car show ignites in New Berlin