A petition signed by Tess Corners Drive residents upset about all the trees that will be cut down to make way for a recreational path was submitted to the Muskego City Hall on Thursday.
The residents want the city to either find a way to reduce the number of trees cut down for the eight-foot wide path or not build it.
Tess Corners Drive is slated to be reconstructed this year from Woods to Janesville roads and the path added as part of the project. The road project itself also will take trees.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 12 months bring stores, restaurants, business to New Berlin
- New Berlin's Glen Park reopens as Heritage Christian Schools
- New Berlin-based Sportsman Channel gives official closing announcement
- New Berlin police blotter
- New Berlin report addresses concerns about developing section 35
- New Berlin West High School climbs on America's Best list
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- New Berlin school tax levy to increase 1.2 percent (1)
- 'Oliver!' to wind up two-weekend run in New Berlin
- New Berlin police officers, even police dog busy in July