Muskego High School Principal Dennis Bussen was appointed assistant superintendent by the Muskego-Norway School Board on Monday.
Bussen, who has served as MHS principal since 2001, would fill the spot left by Kelly Thompson, who will become superintendent when Joe Schroeder leaves to become associate executive director of the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators on July 1. Her contract also was to be approved Monday. Her appointment was announced earlier.
The School Board will start finding a replacement for Bussen on Tuesday.
In a press release announcing Bussen's appointment, Thompson said, "Dr. Bussen is an exceptionally dedicated learning leader, who through his deliberate efforts has led the high school to achieve high marks in many areas of education including academics, fine arts, co-curricular activities and athletics."
Bussen also is quoted as saying, "I hope to continue to help every student to learn, grow and succeed from a district-level perspective in the role of assistant superintendent
A replacement also was approved for associate high school principal Robert Antholine, who will leave June 30 to become principal of Swallow School in the Arrowhead School District.
The new associate principal will be Ken Dunbar who has been a high school science and Project Lead The Way biomedical engineering teacher for 12 years in the Plymouth School District and an instructional coach for the last two years.
As an instructional coach, he helps teachers use technology in the classroom and helps implement approaches to teaching reading.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 21, 2015
- News magazine ranks New Berlin Eisenhower best high school in state
- Memorial Day to be honored in Muskego, New Berlin
- Development of New Berlin farmland awaits landowners' consensus on road (1)
- New Berlin man, 26, charged in choking incident
- Volunteers sought for New Berlin Historical Society events
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- Winter's not through with us yet
- 'Odd Couple (Female Version)' to open at Eisenhower High School
- New Berlin manufacturer in business since 1956 closes down