Muskego High School Principal Dennis Bussen was appointed assistant superintendent by the Muskego-Norway School Board on Monday.
Bussen, who has served as MHS principal since 2001, would fill the spot left by Kelly Thompson, who will become superintendent when Joe Schroeder leaves to become associate executive director of the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators on July 1. Her contract also was to be approved Monday. Her appointment was announced earlier.
The School Board will start finding a replacement for Bussen on Tuesday.
In a press release announcing Bussen's appointment, Thompson said, "Dr. Bussen is an exceptionally dedicated learning leader, who through his deliberate efforts has led the high school to achieve high marks in many areas of education including academics, fine arts, co-curricular activities and athletics."
Bussen also is quoted as saying, "I hope to continue to help every student to learn, grow and succeed from a district-level perspective in the role of assistant superintendent
A replacement also was approved for associate high school principal Robert Antholine, who will leave June 30 to become principal of Swallow School in the Arrowhead School District.
The new associate principal will be Ken Dunbar who has been a high school science and Project Lead The Way biomedical engineering teacher for 12 years in the Plymouth School District and an instructional coach for the last two years.
As an instructional coach, he helps teachers use technology in the classroom and helps implement approaches to teaching reading.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin students won regional Scholastic Art Awards for 55 works of art, with 11 art pieces advan
- Two new eateries opening in New Berlin
- New Berlin schools move on following coach's drug bust
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- New Berlin water service upgrades could begin in May
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Complaint: Former New Berlin West basketball coach busted after police find pot in his school office (3)
- Kelly Lake residents improving fishing for those with limitations
- Walmart to open March 11 on Greenfield Avenue in New Berlin
- New Berlin Eisenhower High School students to perform 'Bye Bye Birdie'