Police make arrest
after burglary spree
A 45-year-old Mukwonago man was arrested May 29 in connection with a burglary spree in which almost a dozen businesses near Moorland and National avenues were hit.
All the burglaries occurred just prior to his arrest at 4:40 a.m., New Berlin police said. Entry was forced and cash was the primary target.
The case is still under investigation but the initial request for charges from the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office did include two counts of burglary, obstructing an officer and possession of burglary tools.
accused of thefts
New Berlin police are seeking charges against two women who allegedly stole more than $80,000 from the New Berlin Soccer Club while acting as officers of the club.
The cases have been referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office.
One of the women is a 42-year-old New Berlin woman who is alleged to have taken more than $70,000 for personal use between August 2009 and April 2013, according to police. She was the club's president and treasurer, police said.
Also arrested was a 42-year-old Burlington woman (formerly of New Berlin) who police believe stole more than $12,000 from the club between February 2008 and January 2010 while she was the club's treasurer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Greenfield Avenue Wal-mart could open in early March in New Berlin
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- New Berlin police dog to be sworn in, resident presents donation
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- New Berlin's City Center on track for more expansion
- MDA star takes a break at her New Berlin home
- Opening for New Berlin splash pad on hold
- Food to Haiti trip begins at a New Berlin church