Police make arrest
after burglary spree
A 45-year-old Mukwonago man was arrested May 29 in connection with a burglary spree in which almost a dozen businesses near Moorland and National avenues were hit.
All the burglaries occurred just prior to his arrest at 4:40 a.m., New Berlin police said. Entry was forced and cash was the primary target.
The case is still under investigation but the initial request for charges from the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office did include two counts of burglary, obstructing an officer and possession of burglary tools.
accused of thefts
New Berlin police are seeking charges against two women who allegedly stole more than $80,000 from the New Berlin Soccer Club while acting as officers of the club.
The cases have been referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office.
One of the women is a 42-year-old New Berlin woman who is alleged to have taken more than $70,000 for personal use between August 2009 and April 2013, according to police. She was the club's president and treasurer, police said.
Also arrested was a 42-year-old Burlington woman (formerly of New Berlin) who police believe stole more than $12,000 from the club between February 2008 and January 2010 while she was the club's treasurer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fixing New Berlin Eisenhower swimming pool among school recommendations
- New trash, recycle pickup policy in New Berlin on April 1
- Suburban bus services expands for Milwaukee workers
- New Berlin school breakfast draws large representation
- New Berlin School District sells former Glen Park Elementary School
- School heating, cooling projects win most support in New Berlin survey
- New Berlin may get hospital emergency department
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- New Berlin to get citywide residential trash pickups