A Pioneer Drive resident objected to a plan to charge residents 8 percent interest if they pay on the installment plan for city road work and water main going past their homes.
Now, the city Finance Committee says it will consider lowering the rate.
Steve Mainus spoke last week at a hearing on the Pioneer Drive road project, which will be done this year. The Public Works Committee on Monday night sent his request for a lower interest rate to the Finance Committee.
But Mainus didn't get far with his other point, which was to not extend city water at all to those along the street. The water main is still coming through.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New BBQ place is smoking at New Berlin City Center
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Community calendar
- Female engineering pupils sought through Learning Rx in New Berlin
- Costly body cameras draw police interest
- Muskego, New Berlin adjust to photo ID
- New Berlin schools "exceed expectations" on state report card
- Heritage Christian to open in former New Berlin school