A Pioneer Drive resident objected to a plan to charge residents 8 percent interest if they pay on the installment plan for city road work and water main going past their homes.
Now, the city Finance Committee says it will consider lowering the rate.
Steve Mainus spoke last week at a hearing on the Pioneer Drive road project, which will be done this year. The Public Works Committee on Monday night sent his request for a lower interest rate to the Finance Committee.
But Mainus didn't get far with his other point, which was to not extend city water at all to those along the street. The water main is still coming through.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin planners to hold month of input sessions for sections 35/34
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 26, 2015
- Neighbors of New Berlin Hills golf course question proposed driving range
- Recycling textiles and local foods studied by New Berlin students
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- 'Pinocchio,' a musical, slated for West Performing Arts Center at New Berlin West Middle and High Sc
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 19, 2015
- New Berlin School Board candidates battle on issues of educational direction and spending
- New Berlin settles Potkay case