A Pioneer Drive resident objected to a plan to charge residents 8 percent interest if they pay on the installment plan for city road work and water main going past their homes.
Now, the city Finance Committee says it will consider lowering the rate.
Steve Mainus spoke last week at a hearing on the Pioneer Drive road project, which will be done this year. The Public Works Committee on Monday night sent his request for a lower interest rate to the Finance Committee.
But Mainus didn't get far with his other point, which was to not extend city water at all to those along the street. The water main is still coming through.
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought
- New Berlin bicyclist killed in collision with semitrailer truck in Pewaukee
- Police ask charges against Muskego man suspected of embezzlement
- Market assessment wanted for City Center
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community in 2016's Fourth of July festivities