A Pioneer Drive resident objected to a plan to charge residents 8 percent interest if they pay on the installment plan for city road work and water main going past their homes.
Now, the city Finance Committee says it will consider lowering the rate.
Steve Mainus spoke last week at a hearing on the Pioneer Drive road project, which will be done this year. The Public Works Committee on Monday night sent his request for a lower interest rate to the Finance Committee.
But Mainus didn't get far with his other point, which was to not extend city water at all to those along the street. The water main is still coming through.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: March 3
- News & Notes: March 6
- New Berlin roads have recovered from poorer conditions
- Muskego School District considers random drug tests
- Options narrow for Muskego High School weight room floor
- Police Report: Feb. 24
- Wrong year for a taxi? It was for New Berlin senior service program
- New Berlin's public golf course deals with impact of tree-killing ash borer
- News & Notes: Feb. 17