A recreational trail segment planned to be created along Racine Avenue in Muskego in 2014 should be moved up to 2013 instead, if possible, the Muskego Parks and Recreation Board decided this week.
The estimated $250,000 to $300,000 cost of the trail will be included as parks and recreation staff put together their 2013 budget proposal.
The trail, on the west side of the street, would stretch from the 7900 block of Racine, near Culver's Restaurant, to Woods Road, where Muskego High School is located. The trail could make it easier for students to get to and from school.
The trail also would link up with the east-west trail that goes all the way through Muskego and goes beside Culver's.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ike girls tread wave of frustration over New Berlin pool decisions
- News & Notes: Dec. 9
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- New Berlin woman shows others how 'able' she is
- News & Notes: Dec. 2
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- An early look at election filings in New Berlin
- Memories descend upon WWII paratrooper in New Berlin
- Muskego School Board president won't seek re-election
- News & Notes: Nov. 28