A recreational trail segment planned to be created along Racine Avenue in Muskego in 2014 should be moved up to 2013 instead, if possible, the Muskego Parks and Recreation Board decided this week.
The estimated $250,000 to $300,000 cost of the trail will be included as parks and recreation staff put together their 2013 budget proposal.
The trail, on the west side of the street, would stretch from the 7900 block of Racine, near Culver's Restaurant, to Woods Road, where Muskego High School is located. The trail could make it easier for students to get to and from school.
The trail also would link up with the east-west trail that goes all the way through Muskego and goes beside Culver's.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Greenfield Avenue Wal-mart could open in early March in New Berlin
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- New Berlin police dog to be sworn in, resident presents donation
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- New Berlin's City Center on track for more expansion
- MDA star takes a break at her New Berlin home
- Opening for New Berlin splash pad on hold
- Food to Haiti trip begins at a New Berlin church