A recreational trail segment planned to be created along Racine Avenue in Muskego in 2014 should be moved up to 2013 instead, if possible, the Muskego Parks and Recreation Board decided this week.
The estimated $250,000 to $300,000 cost of the trail will be included as parks and recreation staff put together their 2013 budget proposal.
The trail, on the west side of the street, would stretch from the 7900 block of Racine, near Culver's Restaurant, to Woods Road, where Muskego High School is located. The trail could make it easier for students to get to and from school.
The trail also would link up with the east-west trail that goes all the way through Muskego and goes beside Culver's.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school breakfast draws large representation
- New Berlin School District sells former Glen Park Elementary School
- School heating, cooling projects win most support in New Berlin survey
- New Berlin may get hospital emergency department
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- New Berlin to get citywide residential trash pickups
- Calendar: Nov. 13
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- Police Blotter: Nov. 6
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6