Tuesday's election results were disappointing for the majority of voters in Muskego and New Berlin who gave the Romney-Ryan ticket and former Governor Tommy Thompson the vast majority of their votes but to no avail.
Barack Obama prevailed, winning four more years and Tammy Baldwin stepped up to the U.S. Senate in her win over Thompson.
The unofficial vote totals for Muskego, where the turnout was 91.7 percent, are:
Romney - 10,760
Obama - 4,608
Thompson - 10,405
Baldwin - 4,597
Unofficial totals for New Berlin, where the turnout was 90 percent, are:
Romney - 16,835
Obama - 8,817
Thompson - 16,377
Baldwin - 8,622
Both communities helped Ryan win re-election to his Congressional seat. The unofficial vote totals are:
Ryan - 10,309 Muskego; 2,776 New Berlin
Rob Zerban - 465, Muskego; 1,084, New Berlin
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- One family's story of poverty
- Special report: Poverty spills into schools in every corner of southeast metro area (4)
- Probe of possible New Berlin teacher, student sexual contact continues
- Burglaries, car theft among New Berlin, Muskego cases in courts
- Police blotter: Feb. 4
- Inclusive playground to replace splashpad plan in New Berlin
- Beloved musical, 'Dreamcoat,' to open at New Berlin West PAC on Friday
- Probe continues into alleged New Berlin West teacher misconduct (1)
- BuySeasons of New Berlin to permanently lay off 128 employees
- New Berlin, Junior Woman's Club shelve splashpad, favor playground