Tuesday's election results were disappointing for the majority of voters in Muskego and New Berlin who gave the Romney-Ryan ticket and former Governor Tommy Thompson the vast majority of their votes but to no avail.
Barack Obama prevailed, winning four more years and Tammy Baldwin stepped up to the U.S. Senate in her win over Thompson.
The unofficial vote totals for Muskego, where the turnout was 91.7 percent, are:
Romney - 10,760
Obama - 4,608
Thompson - 10,405
Baldwin - 4,597
Unofficial totals for New Berlin, where the turnout was 90 percent, are:
Romney - 16,835
Obama - 8,817
Thompson - 16,377
Baldwin - 8,622
Both communities helped Ryan win re-election to his Congressional seat. The unofficial vote totals are:
Ryan - 10,309 Muskego; 2,776 New Berlin
Rob Zerban - 465, Muskego; 1,084, New Berlin
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- New Berlin police dog to be sworn in, resident presents donation
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- New Berlin's City Center on track for more expansion
- MDA star takes a break at her New Berlin home
- Opening for New Berlin splash pad on hold
- Food to Haiti trip begins at a New Berlin church
- Local exterminator honored for pest control prowess