Tuesday's election results were disappointing for the majority of voters in Muskego and New Berlin who gave the Romney-Ryan ticket and former Governor Tommy Thompson the vast majority of their votes but to no avail.
Barack Obama prevailed, winning four more years and Tammy Baldwin stepped up to the U.S. Senate in her win over Thompson.
The unofficial vote totals for Muskego, where the turnout was 91.7 percent, are:
Romney - 10,760
Obama - 4,608
Thompson - 10,405
Baldwin - 4,597
Unofficial totals for New Berlin, where the turnout was 90 percent, are:
Romney - 16,835
Obama - 8,817
Thompson - 16,377
Baldwin - 8,622
Both communities helped Ryan win re-election to his Congressional seat. The unofficial vote totals are:
Ryan - 10,309 Muskego; 2,776 New Berlin
Rob Zerban - 465, Muskego; 1,084, New Berlin
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- Community calendar: March 5, 2015
- Irish dancer to visit Muskego
- New Berlin students won regional Scholastic Art Awards for 55 works of art, with 11 art pieces advan
- Two new eateries opening in New Berlin
- New Berlin schools move on following coach's drug bust
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- New Berlin water service upgrades could begin in May
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Feb. 26, 2015