A potential compromise aimed at providing a measure of relief from traffic to a neighborhood east of the New Berlin City Center was sent to the Plan Commission Tuesday by the New Berlin Common Council.
Instead of closing Wilbur Drive, which is advocated by some but opposed by others, the compromise would close off Wilbur farther east, leaving some access to the City Center intact. Closing the direct access to the City Center via Wilbur might discourage drivers who just use Wilbur and the Glen Park neighborhood around it as a shortcut to National Avenue on the other side of the City Center, some officials and residents said.
The Plan Commission could consider the plan as early as Tuesday. If it gets a favorable recommendation, the plan will be considered by the Public Works Committee, which has a meeting is Sept. 17.
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community Fourth of July festivities in 2016
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 23, 2016