A potential compromise aimed at providing a measure of relief from traffic to a neighborhood east of the New Berlin City Center was sent to the Plan Commission Tuesday by the New Berlin Common Council.
Instead of closing Wilbur Drive, which is advocated by some but opposed by others, the compromise would close off Wilbur farther east, leaving some access to the City Center intact. Closing the direct access to the City Center via Wilbur might discourage drivers who just use Wilbur and the Glen Park neighborhood around it as a shortcut to National Avenue on the other side of the City Center, some officials and residents said.
The Plan Commission could consider the plan as early as Tuesday. If it gets a favorable recommendation, the plan will be considered by the Public Works Committee, which has a meeting is Sept. 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin's Glen Park reopens as Heritage Christian Schools
- New Berlin-based Sportsman Channel gives official closing announcement
- New Berlin police blotter
- New Berlin report addresses concerns about developing section 35
- New Berlin West High School climbs on America's Best list
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- New Berlin school tax levy to increase 1.2 percent (1)
- 'Oliver!' to wind up two-weekend run in New Berlin
- New Berlin police officers, even police dog busy in July
- New Berlin may form policy on development tool use, some skeptical