New health center extends Froedtert services into New Berlin
Moorland Reserve includes 60 physicians
New Berlin — A new medical facility offering primary, specialty and urgent care services from physicians aligned with Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin has opened locally.
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Moorland Reserve Health Center started accepting patients on Monday at 4805 S. Moorland Road.
Catherine Jacobson, Froedtert Health president and CEO, said in a news release that the facility shares elements of the main facility in Wauwatosa.
"Moorland Reserve Health Center embodies the academic-community partnership that defines Froedtert & The Medical College," she said.
Moorland Reserve is home to more than 60 physicians and advanced practitioners, including primary care providers in internal medicine and obstetrics/gynecology. On-site screenings and diagnostic testing available includes radiology, lab, mammography, colonoscopy and bone density.
Walk-in urgent care is available seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Oncology and cardiology are among the specialty services the health center can provide. The site offers cancer specialists and programs of the Froedtert & The Medical College Cancer Network including on-site chemotherapy and infusion services.
Cardiovascular services include stress testing, echocardiography, non-invasive imaging, electrophysiology services and on-site cardiac rehabilitation.
Additional specialty clinics include surgery (including plastic surgery,) gastroenterology, neurology, nephrology, urology, ophthalmology/optometry, otolaryngology, dermatology, pulmonology, endocrinology, infusion, audiology and behavioral health. Moorland Reserve also provides musculoskeletal clinics for orthopedic surgery and rheumatology, with physical, occupational and speech therapy for orthopedic, sports injury and neurological rehabilitation.
Information and appointment scheduling are available by calling (800) DOCTORS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police blotter: Feb. 4
- Inclusive playground to replace splashpad plan in New Berlin
- Beloved musical, 'Dreamcoat,' to open at New Berlin West PAC on Friday
- Probe continues into alleged New Berlin West teacher misconduct (1)
- BuySeasons of New Berlin to permanently lay off 128 employees
- New Berlin, Junior Woman's Club shelve splashpad, favor playground
- New Berlin Lions hold Parade of Checks topping off club's 65th year
- Gov. Scott Walker coming to New Berlin schools to honor career efforts (10)
- New Berlin and Muskego police blotter: Jan. 21, 2016
- Community service projects debut at New Berlin Public Library