New health center extends Froedtert services into New Berlin
Moorland Reserve includes 60 physicians
New Berlin — A new medical facility offering primary, specialty and urgent care services from physicians aligned with Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin has opened locally.
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Moorland Reserve Health Center started accepting patients on Monday at 4805 S. Moorland Road.
Catherine Jacobson, Froedtert Health president and CEO, said in a news release that the facility shares elements of the main facility in Wauwatosa.
"Moorland Reserve Health Center embodies the academic-community partnership that defines Froedtert & The Medical College," she said.
Moorland Reserve is home to more than 60 physicians and advanced practitioners, including primary care providers in internal medicine and obstetrics/gynecology. On-site screenings and diagnostic testing available includes radiology, lab, mammography, colonoscopy and bone density.
Walk-in urgent care is available seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Oncology and cardiology are among the specialty services the health center can provide. The site offers cancer specialists and programs of the Froedtert & The Medical College Cancer Network including on-site chemotherapy and infusion services.
Cardiovascular services include stress testing, echocardiography, non-invasive imaging, electrophysiology services and on-site cardiac rehabilitation.
Additional specialty clinics include surgery (including plastic surgery,) gastroenterology, neurology, nephrology, urology, ophthalmology/optometry, otolaryngology, dermatology, pulmonology, endocrinology, infusion, audiology and behavioral health. Moorland Reserve also provides musculoskeletal clinics for orthopedic surgery and rheumatology, with physical, occupational and speech therapy for orthopedic, sports injury and neurological rehabilitation.
Information and appointment scheduling are available by calling (800) DOCTORS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue