Once again, both New Berlin high schools have been named to Newsweek's top 1,000 high schools in the country.
Eisenhower came in at 353 and West at 436.
The magazine determined that the top 1,000 were the most effective in turning out college-ready graduates based on graduation rate, percentage of students going to college, number of advanced level tests taken per student and average scores on those tests, average college entrance SAT/ACT scores and number of advanced placement or college level courses offered per student.
The top spot was grabbed by the Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Bowling Green, Ky.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin names its tallest spruce tree
- News and Notes
- Police Notes: May 20
- Walmart is now in the zone for development in New Berlin
- Police report: May 20
- Carp shoot May 25 on Little Muskego Lake, two carp worth $500 each
- Newsweek names New Berlin schools to 'America's Best High Schools' list
- Waukesha Police Report
- Stumbling block cleared for proposed New Berlin Walmart
- News and notes