The Waukesha County Communications Center will answer all 911 emergency calls from New Berlin as of 7 a.m. Saturday, the New Berlin police department announced today.
Since the Common Council decided in June on the controversial money-saving switch, the department has been slowly transitioning from its own dispatchers to WCC staff for such calls.
Nonemergency calls for service that still require a police response can be made by dialing (262) 782-6640.
Administrative inquiries regarding special events, citation payments, overnight parking permission, or for anything that does not require a police response, should be directed to the Police Department's administrative phone line at (262) 780-8123.
- Three days of fun start Friday at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, New Berlin
- Campus News: July 28, 2016
- New emergency center open in New Berlin
- Ralph and Loretta Dolata: 60th wedding anniversary
- Conservation subdivisions help New Berlin keep rural atmophere
- New Berlin officials mull $4.3M utility shop expansion
- Suburban Milwaukee Now websites to get new look, realignment
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought