The Waukesha County Communications Center will answer all 911 emergency calls from New Berlin as of 7 a.m. Saturday, the New Berlin police department announced today.
Since the Common Council decided in June on the controversial money-saving switch, the department has been slowly transitioning from its own dispatchers to WCC staff for such calls.
Nonemergency calls for service that still require a police response can be made by dialing (262) 782-6640.
Administrative inquiries regarding special events, citation payments, overnight parking permission, or for anything that does not require a police response, should be directed to the Police Department's administrative phone line at (262) 780-8123.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue
- Spending survey for New Berlin Schools to launch in September
- Budget calls for decrease
- New Berlin police notes
- Fire responses up for debate
- Panera wants to open on Moorland Road in New Berlin