The Waukesha County Communications Center will answer all 911 emergency calls from New Berlin as of 7 a.m. Saturday, the New Berlin police department announced today.
Since the Common Council decided in June on the controversial money-saving switch, the department has been slowly transitioning from its own dispatchers to WCC staff for such calls.
Nonemergency calls for service that still require a police response can be made by dialing (262) 782-6640.
Administrative inquiries regarding special events, citation payments, overnight parking permission, or for anything that does not require a police response, should be directed to the Police Department's administrative phone line at (262) 780-8123.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin schools move on following coach's drug bust
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- New Berlin water service upgrades could begin in May
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Complaint: Former New Berlin West basketball coach busted after police find pot in his school office (3)
- Kelly Lake residents improving fishing for those with limitations
- Walmart to open March 11 on Greenfield Avenue in New Berlin
- New Berlin Eisenhower High School students to perform 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- New Berlin schools facing $1.35 million structural deficit under walker plan
- New Berlin schools did 'due diligence' in hiring coach: spokeswoman