The Waukesha County Communications Center will answer all 911 emergency calls from New Berlin as of 7 a.m. Saturday, the New Berlin police department announced today.
Since the Common Council decided in June on the controversial money-saving switch, the department has been slowly transitioning from its own dispatchers to WCC staff for such calls.
Nonemergency calls for service that still require a police response can be made by dialing (262) 782-6640.
Administrative inquiries regarding special events, citation payments, overnight parking permission, or for anything that does not require a police response, should be directed to the Police Department's administrative phone line at (262) 780-8123.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Nov. 4 poll visits a right of fall
- Street crews help parks shore up a muddy walkway
- Setting it straight
- New City Center apartments set to open in New Berlin by March
- sw_calendar_1030 .now.com
- New Berlin sets new date for debate on taking over waste contractions
- Meeting set on changes in collection of residential recyclables and trash
- New Berlin schools invest to further STEM