A New Berlin Eisenhower High School student has admitted to making the bomb threats at the school Sept. 25 and 27, New Berlin police announced.
An investigation led School Resource Officer Steve Dodson to the suspect. It has not been determined why the threats were made, police said. Charges will be referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office for review.
The student was not in school Friday, according to a letter that was sent to parents. Due to student confidentiality laws, the school is unable to disclose further details about the student, the letter states.
Both threats were scrawled on bathroom stalls. The first, on Sept. 25, was found shortly before school was to be dismissed. After students left for the day, police swept the building to be sure no bomb was there.
The Sept. 27 threat was discovered at midday and the school went into lockdown. Evacuation wasn't deemed necessary because of the nature of the threat, Principal Michael Fesenmaier said earlier. Again the school was swept and no bomb was found. The sweep was shortly after 1 p.m. and regular activities resumed shortly after 2 p.m.
The police investigation revealed that the student did not have the ability or means to carry out the threat, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Character' coach named New Berlin Citizen of the Year
- New Berlin seeks policy for taxing units promoting development
- Fees shoot up for New Berlin recreation swim lessons, pool classes
- New Berlin sets hearing on proposed zero-increase property tax budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- No speakers at New Berlin schools' hearing on $5.1 million borrowing
- New Berlin Food Pantry to receive $10,000 from Hormel plant
- Lawyer turned missionary to hold fourth run/walk
- New Berlin CDA approves accessible housing grant program
- Parking lot paving starting any time at New Berlin's Valley View Park