With a Walmart Supercenter proposed for Greenfield Avenue bringing dozens of comments at last week's New Berlin Plan Commission meeting, an informational open house for the proposed store will be held.
It will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 23 at Ronald Reagan Elementary School, 4225 S. Calhoun Road. More information is available at newberlin.org.
The nearly 150,000-square-foot supercenter - a combination general merchandise store and supermarket - is proposed for 15205-15375 W. Greenfield Ave. on New Berlin's northern border with Brookfield.
The existing 108,000-square-foot Walmart at 15333 W. National Ave., in the New Berlin City Center, would close, according to a plan of operations filed with the city.
The proposed 16-acre site is mostly woodland about a block east of Moorland Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Character' coach named New Berlin Citizen of the Year
- New Berlin seeks policy for taxing units promoting development
- Fees shoot up for New Berlin recreation swim lessons, pool classes
- New Berlin sets hearing on proposed zero-increase property tax budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- No speakers at New Berlin schools' hearing on $5.1 million borrowing
- New Berlin Food Pantry to receive $10,000 from Hormel plant
- Lawyer turned missionary to hold fourth run/walk
- New Berlin CDA approves accessible housing grant program
- Parking lot paving starting any time at New Berlin's Valley View Park