With a Walmart Supercenter proposed for Greenfield Avenue bringing dozens of comments at last week's New Berlin Plan Commission meeting, an informational open house for the proposed store will be held.
It will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 23 at Ronald Reagan Elementary School, 4225 S. Calhoun Road. More information is available at newberlin.org.
The nearly 150,000-square-foot supercenter - a combination general merchandise store and supermarket - is proposed for 15205-15375 W. Greenfield Ave. on New Berlin's northern border with Brookfield.
The existing 108,000-square-foot Walmart at 15333 W. National Ave., in the New Berlin City Center, would close, according to a plan of operations filed with the city.
The proposed 16-acre site is mostly woodland about a block east of Moorland Road.
- Cement gone from sewer, but New Berlin waiting for cash to flow
- Arraignments for New Berlin suspects in two attempted armed robberies
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship