With a Walmart Supercenter proposed for Greenfield Avenue bringing dozens of comments at last week's New Berlin Plan Commission meeting, an informational open house for the proposed store will be held.
It will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 23 at Ronald Reagan Elementary School, 4225 S. Calhoun Road. More information is available at newberlin.org.
The nearly 150,000-square-foot supercenter - a combination general merchandise store and supermarket - is proposed for 15205-15375 W. Greenfield Ave. on New Berlin's northern border with Brookfield.
The existing 108,000-square-foot Walmart at 15333 W. National Ave., in the New Berlin City Center, would close, according to a plan of operations filed with the city.
The proposed 16-acre site is mostly woodland about a block east of Moorland Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Water farmers' join New Berlin's farming community
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Former Falls Village President's son dies in tragic Florida car accident
- Tornado watch in effect
- Waukesha man charged in crash at New Berlin Animal Hospital
- Business as usual, despite vehicle slamming into animal hospital
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ends high-speed pursuit
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ending early morning high speed pursuit
- Crush wine bar in downtown Waukesha will hold weekend full of events
- Firefighter of the Year hails from New Berlin Fire Department