With a Walmart Supercenter proposed for Greenfield Avenue bringing dozens of comments at last week's New Berlin Plan Commission meeting, an informational open house for the proposed store will be held.
It will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 23 at Ronald Reagan Elementary School, 4225 S. Calhoun Road. More information is available at newberlin.org.
The nearly 150,000-square-foot supercenter - a combination general merchandise store and supermarket - is proposed for 15205-15375 W. Greenfield Ave. on New Berlin's northern border with Brookfield.
The existing 108,000-square-foot Walmart at 15333 W. National Ave., in the New Berlin City Center, would close, according to a plan of operations filed with the city.
The proposed 16-acre site is mostly woodland about a block east of Moorland Road.
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community in 2016's Fourth of July festivities
- Community calendar: June 23, 2016
- Event to benefit New Berlin Police canine officer
- Things to Do in New Berlin and Muskego
- New Berlin Holy Apostles Festival to swing into three days of fun
- Muskego Campus News: UW-Whitewater, South Dakota State, Carthage College