The New Berlin Common Council could make a decision as early as Tuesday on whether to have the Waukesha County Communications Center send New Berlin's police and firefighters to calls instead of continuing to have local dispatchers do it.
Switching dispatching is on the agenda for the 7 p.m. Committee of the Whole and its regular Common Council meeting for May 22.
Leading up to this, the Police Department has held a series of public information meetings to update residents on the pros and cons of switching to WCC.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin police blotter
- New Berlin report addresses concerns about developing section 35
- New Berlin West High School climbs on America's Best list
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- New Berlin school tax levy to increase 1.2 percent (1)
- 'Oliver!' to wind up two-weekend run in New Berlin
- New Berlin police officers, even police dog busy in July
- New Berlin may form policy on development tool use, some skeptical
- Former New Berlin Eisenhower student charged with intent to deliver at school
- In brief: Fest, matinees, market