New Berlin commercial building could gain Pole Position
Group seeks approval for entertainment facility featuring go-carts
New Berlin — An indoor go-karting facility with laser tag, arcade games, a bar/restaurant and conference rooms has been proposed for an existing building west of Moorland Road and south of Interstate 43.
The site is located 5475 S. Westridge Court, just off Westridge Drive. The project would require a conditional-use permit, and the New Berlin Plan Commission will hold a public hearing at 6 p.m. July 1 and possibly vote on it that same evening.
Pole Position Raceway, which has a dozen similar facilities elsewhere across the country, would offer what it calls high-performance racing, with electric go-karts that reach top speeds of 45 mph. The raceway would have two tracks that can be changed to vary the race design for racers from 12 to 65 years old. The tracks also could be combined into one large track.
The laser tag competitions would be in a 3,000-square-foot arena.
The bar/restaurant would have flat-screen televisions tuned to sports games. The facility would have a system in place to prevent customers from drinking before racing on the track.
At peak times, the facility would handle up to 220 patrons.
Hours would be 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and to 1 a.m. Friday. Weekend hours would be 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. Saturdays and to 10 p.m. Sundays.
A secondary business focus would be on corporate and groups meetings and events, birthday parties and outings.
The facility's owner would be Christopher Daskam, a district sales leader at Frito Lay in Menomonee Falls.
Brian Fisher of Anderson Ashton Design/Build of New Berlin would head the transformation of part of the building into an entertainment facility. The current tenant will continue to occupy the rest of the building.
— Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16
- Burglaries, some other crimes down substantially in New Berlin
- New Berlin Police Department gives commendations, awards
- Propane tanks explode at recycling plant, prompt warning from officials (1)