With the extremely controversial proposal to establish a park on Little Muskego Lake now dead, the Muskego Common Council on Tuesday wiped mention of establishing a park from the city's Comprehensive Plan for the year 2020.
One of the justifications for a park on the lake was that the 2020 plan suggested that it be explored, if properties became available. The 4-2 council vote did not accept the Plan Commission recommendation to leave the park idea in the plan.
Despite that decision, the potential for a park on the lake isn't completely lost in city documents. It's mentioned in the city's new marketing plan and possibly in other city planning documents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- New Berlin police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Nov. 4 poll visits a right of fall
- Street crews help parks shore up a muddy walkway
- Setting it straight
- New City Center apartments set to open in New Berlin by March
- sw_calendar_1030 .now.com
- New Berlin sets new date for debate on taking over waste contractions
- Meeting set on changes in collection of residential recyclables and trash
- New Berlin schools invest to further STEM