With the extremely controversial proposal to establish a park on Little Muskego Lake now dead, the Muskego Common Council on Tuesday wiped mention of establishing a park from the city's Comprehensive Plan for the year 2020.
One of the justifications for a park on the lake was that the 2020 plan suggested that it be explored, if properties became available. The 4-2 council vote did not accept the Plan Commission recommendation to leave the park idea in the plan.
Despite that decision, the potential for a park on the lake isn't completely lost in city documents. It's mentioned in the city's new marketing plan and possibly in other city planning documents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Water farmers' join New Berlin's farming community
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Former Falls Village President's son dies in tragic Florida car accident
- Tornado watch in effect
- Waukesha man charged in crash at New Berlin Animal Hospital
- Business as usual, despite vehicle slamming into animal hospital
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ends high-speed pursuit
- Driver crashes into New Berlin animal clinic, ending early morning high speed pursuit
- Crush wine bar in downtown Waukesha will hold weekend full of events
- Firefighter of the Year hails from New Berlin Fire Department