Upon recommendation of the Muskego fire chief and notice from the state Department of Natural Resources, Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti has issued a ban on fires in Muskego due to the fire danger the dry weather poses.
The ban is effective immediately and applies to all fires on land except those to cook food or used for warmth of a person, or the Muskego Water Bugs fireworks show that is fired off a barge on Little Muskego Lake until the expiration of the emergency.
Notice of the lifting of the burn ban will be posted on the city's website www.ci.muskego.wi.us.
The Muskego Common Council will hold an emergency meeting Saturday morning to consider a fireworks ban, also. The city issued more than 60 permits for private fireworks displays.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- New Berlin's City Center on track for more expansion
- MDA star takes a break at her New Berlin home
- Opening for New Berlin splash pad on hold
- Food to Haiti trip begins at a New Berlin church
- How much will prom night cost?
- Prom fashion to be on display at New Berlin Eisenhower
- Water service upgrades go before the New Berlin Common Council