Upon recommendation of the Muskego fire chief and notice from the state Department of Natural Resources, Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti has issued a ban on fires in Muskego due to the fire danger the dry weather poses.
The ban is effective immediately and applies to all fires on land except those to cook food or used for warmth of a person, or the Muskego Water Bugs fireworks show that is fired off a barge on Little Muskego Lake until the expiration of the emergency.
Notice of the lifting of the burn ban will be posted on the city's website www.ci.muskego.wi.us.
The Muskego Common Council will hold an emergency meeting Saturday morning to consider a fireworks ban, also. The city issued more than 60 permits for private fireworks displays.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: May 21, 2015
- News magazine ranks New Berlin Eisenhower best high school in state
- Memorial Day to be honored in Muskego, New Berlin
- Development of New Berlin farmland awaits landowners' consensus on road (1)
- New Berlin man, 26, charged in choking incident
- Volunteers sought for New Berlin Historical Society events
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- Winter's not through with us yet
- 'Odd Couple (Female Version)' to open at Eisenhower High School
- New Berlin manufacturer in business since 1956 closes down