Upon recommendation of the Muskego fire chief and notice from the state Department of Natural Resources, Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti has issued a ban on fires in Muskego due to the fire danger the dry weather poses.
The ban is effective immediately and applies to all fires on land except those to cook food or used for warmth of a person, or the Muskego Water Bugs fireworks show that is fired off a barge on Little Muskego Lake until the expiration of the emergency.
Notice of the lifting of the burn ban will be posted on the city's website www.ci.muskego.wi.us.
The Muskego Common Council will hold an emergency meeting Saturday morning to consider a fireworks ban, also. The city issued more than 60 permits for private fireworks displays.
- 'Aladdin Junior' to be presented one-day only at New Berlin West (1)
- For bravery, smart policing, New Berlin gives awards for 2015 actions
- In brief: Embezzlement charges sought
- New Berlin bicyclist killed in collision with semitrailer truck in Pewaukee
- Police ask charges against Muskego man suspected of embezzlement
- Market assessment wanted for City Center
- New Berlin Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- 11-year-old turns on New Berlin emergency sirens as test
- Most musical Fourth of July ever, coming to New Berlin in 2016
- New Berlin to celebrate America and community in 2016's Fourth of July festivities