Upon recommendation of the Muskego fire chief and notice from the state Department of Natural Resources, Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti has issued a ban on fires in Muskego due to the fire danger the dry weather poses.
The ban is effective immediately and applies to all fires on land except those to cook food or used for warmth of a person, or the Muskego Water Bugs fireworks show that is fired off a barge on Little Muskego Lake until the expiration of the emergency.
Notice of the lifting of the burn ban will be posted on the city's website www.ci.muskego.wi.us.
The Muskego Common Council will hold an emergency meeting Saturday morning to consider a fireworks ban, also. The city issued more than 60 permits for private fireworks displays.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- Three swim groups to hold golf outing to get better equipment
- Pair of musicals to open at West PAC
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- Many take honors in the New Berlin Fourth of July celebration
- New Berlin Ike library to convert into collaborative commons area
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: July 16
- Burglaries, some other crimes down substantially in New Berlin
- New Berlin Police Department gives commendations, awards
- Propane tanks explode at recycling plant, prompt warning from officials (1)