A dog park doesn't seem to be in the near future of Muskego's four-legged residents, as the Parks and Recreation Board said Monday that there isn't room in any city parks for a dog park.
A resident had asked the city to consider making one of the city parks dog-friendly, which the Parks Board took to mean a dog park. But the board left the door open for serious discussions of a dog park when Park Arthur west is developed. Park Arthur east is being developed now. A dog park also might become part of a plan for a park in the southeastern part of the city when land for one is acquired, as is called for in the park plan, the board said.
So, dog owners will continue to take their pets to the dog park at Waukesha County's Minooka Park in Waukesha, a 10- to 12-minute ride from Muskego City Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue