A dog park doesn't seem to be in the near future of Muskego's four-legged residents, as the Parks and Recreation Board said Monday that there isn't room in any city parks for a dog park.
A resident had asked the city to consider making one of the city parks dog-friendly, which the Parks Board took to mean a dog park. But the board left the door open for serious discussions of a dog park when Park Arthur west is developed. Park Arthur east is being developed now. A dog park also might become part of a plan for a park in the southeastern part of the city when land for one is acquired, as is called for in the park plan, the board said.
So, dog owners will continue to take their pets to the dog park at Waukesha County's Minooka Park in Waukesha, a 10- to 12-minute ride from Muskego City Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin names its tallest spruce tree
- News and Notes
- Police Notes: May 20
- Walmart is now in the zone for development in New Berlin
- Police report: May 20
- Carp shoot May 25 on Little Muskego Lake, two carp worth $500 each
- Newsweek names New Berlin schools to 'America's Best High Schools' list
- Waukesha Police Report
- Stumbling block cleared for proposed New Berlin Walmart
- News and notes