A dog park doesn't seem to be in the near future of Muskego's four-legged residents, as the Parks and Recreation Board said Monday that there isn't room in any city parks for a dog park.
A resident had asked the city to consider making one of the city parks dog-friendly, which the Parks Board took to mean a dog park. But the board left the door open for serious discussions of a dog park when Park Arthur west is developed. Park Arthur east is being developed now. A dog park also might become part of a plan for a park in the southeastern part of the city when land for one is acquired, as is called for in the park plan, the board said.
So, dog owners will continue to take their pets to the dog park at Waukesha County's Minooka Park in Waukesha, a 10- to 12-minute ride from Muskego City Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin schools move on following coach's drug bust
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- New Berlin water service upgrades could begin in May
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Complaint: Former New Berlin West basketball coach busted after police find pot in his school office (3)
- Kelly Lake residents improving fishing for those with limitations
- Walmart to open March 11 on Greenfield Avenue in New Berlin
- New Berlin Eisenhower High School students to perform 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- New Berlin schools facing $1.35 million structural deficit under walker plan
- New Berlin schools did 'due diligence' in hiring coach: spokeswoman