A dog park doesn't seem to be in the near future of Muskego's four-legged residents, as the Parks and Recreation Board said Monday that there isn't room in any city parks for a dog park.
A resident had asked the city to consider making one of the city parks dog-friendly, which the Parks Board took to mean a dog park. But the board left the door open for serious discussions of a dog park when Park Arthur west is developed. Park Arthur east is being developed now. A dog park also might become part of a plan for a park in the southeastern part of the city when land for one is acquired, as is called for in the park plan, the board said.
So, dog owners will continue to take their pets to the dog park at Waukesha County's Minooka Park in Waukesha, a 10- to 12-minute ride from Muskego City Hall.
- New Berlin Library patrons provide beehives, water buffalo to families
- Annual Eisenhower girls soccer charity game to benefit playground
- New Berlin high schools again deemed among state's most challenging
- Second New Berlin 'soccer mom' sentenced to four months in jail for embezzling money from club (2)
- New Berlin Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Career education reaches New Berlin kindergartners
- New Berlin high schools collect 26 nominations for theater excellence
- Pizza Hut in New Berlin robbed
- New Berlin Eisenhower to open 'Little Shop of Horrors'
- State files action to keep thousands in property and cash taken in alleged drug case