Even though the Muskego and New Berlin city halls will be closed for the holidays, people can still pay their property taxes.
The Muskego City Hall will be closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1, but people can put their tax bills into drop boxes outside City Hall, S8200 Racine Ave., and the Muskego Library, W16663 Janesville Road.
All tax bills placed in the drop boxes through Jan. 1 will have receipt dates of Dec. 31.
Muskego residents can also pay their taxes through December at U.S. Bank, North Shore Bank, Waukesha State Bank, Harris Bank and Citizens Bank of Mukwonago. Taxpayers also can pay from checking or savings accounts for free or with a credit card for a fee.
In New Berlin, City Hall, 3805 S. Casper Drive, will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays for people to pay their taxes, although it will be closed Dec. 24 and 25. City Hall will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 31 before closing until Jan. 2.
But New Berlin also has drop boxes outside City Hall for tax bills.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school breakfast draws large representation
- New Berlin School District sells former Glen Park Elementary School
- School heating, cooling projects win most support in New Berlin survey
- New Berlin may get hospital emergency department
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- New Berlin to get citywide residential trash pickups
- Calendar: Nov. 13
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- Police Blotter: Nov. 6
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6