Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti has issued a statement that she believes she is being misrepresented by the people circulating a recall petition against her.
"After being contacted by residents of Muskego, it has come to my attention that the recall group, Muskego for Ethical Government, is going door to door implying that I signed the Walker Recall Petition," she wrote. "Nothing could be further from the truth."
"This can be verified at http://www.putwisconsinfirst.com and you will not find my signature on the Walker Recall Petition," Chiaverotti wrote.
She went on to be critical of the group conducting the recall.
"It's time for the residents of Muskego to understand that this group will say whatever it takes to get their signatures for a recall and to imply that I signed the Walker Recall is absolutely ludicrous."
"It's not true," said Lorie Oliver, spokesman for Muskego for Ethical Government. "We are not telling people she signed the recall."
Before going door-to-door, volunteers met and went over how they were to conduct themselves, she said.
"I'm not saying that somebody didn't tell her that, but it's not true," Oliver said, and speculated that a group against the recall might be trying to sabotage it.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin school building projects dominated meeting: Building projects dominated meeting
- Residents bicker over potnetial levy increase for New Berlin scjools; eventually the proposal is app
- New Berlin annual meeting tug-of-war
- New Berlin firefighters present record breaking check to mda
- New Berlin may contract with Waukesha Fire Department for an underserved section of city
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue