Keith Hastings, who resigned from the New Berlin School Board on June 1, is back on the board as of Monday.
When he resigned, he said his work commitments had come to make it impossible for him to give enough time to the job of School Board member.
In his time away from the board, he has explored other career possibilities that he could not explore as a board member. Finally, he decided he needed to make a bigger change, Hastings said. In the meantime, he said, he has time for board work.
After his resignation, the School Board decided to appoint someone to fill Hastings' term, which expires in April, 2013. Hastings followed the board's procedure to be appointed by sending in a resume with a letter of intent. The board interviewed him Monday and appointed him.
Board member Art Marquardt said, "Two weeks ago, I was thinking in favor of leaving the seat empty."
But now the person the voters originally chose was before him and he made the motion to return Hastings to his seat.
Similarly, board member Tom David said, "He'll hit the ground running and knows how the board works."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin seeks policy for taxing units promoting development
- Fees shoot up for New Berlin recreation swim lessons, pool classes
- New Berlin sets hearing on proposed zero-increase property tax budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- No speakers at New Berlin schools' hearing on $5.1 million borrowing
- New Berlin Food Pantry to receive $10,000 from Hormel plant
- Lawyer turned missionary to hold fourth run/walk
- New Berlin CDA approves accessible housing grant program
- Parking lot paving starting any time at New Berlin's Valley View Park
- New Berlin Police blotter