Keith Hastings, who resigned from the New Berlin School Board on June 1, is back on the board as of Monday.
When he resigned, he said his work commitments had come to make it impossible for him to give enough time to the job of School Board member.
In his time away from the board, he has explored other career possibilities that he could not explore as a board member. Finally, he decided he needed to make a bigger change, Hastings said. In the meantime, he said, he has time for board work.
After his resignation, the School Board decided to appoint someone to fill Hastings' term, which expires in April, 2013. Hastings followed the board's procedure to be appointed by sending in a resume with a letter of intent. The board interviewed him Monday and appointed him.
Board member Art Marquardt said, "Two weeks ago, I was thinking in favor of leaving the seat empty."
But now the person the voters originally chose was before him and he made the motion to return Hastings to his seat.
Similarly, board member Tom David said, "He'll hit the ground running and knows how the board works."
- Weeklong New Berlin playground community build yields wonderland
- Courtyard dedicated to two retiring New Berlin school administrators
- Muskego, New Berlin to salute Memorial Day with observances
- Orange barrels promise better roadways in New Berlin, Muskego
- Muskego, New Berlin schools evaluate transgender guidelines
- New Berlin man faces abuse charges stemming from alleged choking
- New Berlin Police Blotter: May 26, 2016 (1)
- New Berlin student awarded $5,000 Herb Kohl scholarship
- Army officer who lost legs to give motivational talks in New Berlin
- Possible scam might be targeting New Berlin businesses