Keith Hastings, who resigned from the New Berlin School Board on June 1, is back on the board as of Monday.
When he resigned, he said his work commitments had come to make it impossible for him to give enough time to the job of School Board member.
In his time away from the board, he has explored other career possibilities that he could not explore as a board member. Finally, he decided he needed to make a bigger change, Hastings said. In the meantime, he said, he has time for board work.
After his resignation, the School Board decided to appoint someone to fill Hastings' term, which expires in April, 2013. Hastings followed the board's procedure to be appointed by sending in a resume with a letter of intent. The board interviewed him Monday and appointed him.
Board member Art Marquardt said, "Two weeks ago, I was thinking in favor of leaving the seat empty."
But now the person the voters originally chose was before him and he made the motion to return Hastings to his seat.
Similarly, board member Tom David said, "He'll hit the ground running and knows how the board works."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driving range dropped from New Berlin Hills' master plan (1)
- New Berlin School District taxpayers would get bang for buck
- New Berlin School Board approves $3.2 million Eisenhower pool renovation (4)
- Waukesha nixes temporary use of key Moreland/Delafied site, for now
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- Students rebuild vintage racing machine
- Something old, something new at New Berlin Historical Society event on June 21
- Boat for vets, disabled inoperable after suspected joyride on New Berlin lake
- New Berlin approves commercial building, blocks access to subdivision (1)
- Stanek Tool of New Berlin promotes apprenterships to ease skills gaps