Keith Hastings, who resigned from the New Berlin School Board on June 1, is back on the board as of Monday.
When he resigned, he said his work commitments had come to make it impossible for him to give enough time to the job of School Board member.
In his time away from the board, he has explored other career possibilities that he could not explore as a board member. Finally, he decided he needed to make a bigger change, Hastings said. In the meantime, he said, he has time for board work.
After his resignation, the School Board decided to appoint someone to fill Hastings' term, which expires in April, 2013. Hastings followed the board's procedure to be appointed by sending in a resume with a letter of intent. The board interviewed him Monday and appointed him.
Board member Art Marquardt said, "Two weeks ago, I was thinking in favor of leaving the seat empty."
But now the person the voters originally chose was before him and he made the motion to return Hastings to his seat.
Similarly, board member Tom David said, "He'll hit the ground running and knows how the board works."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 21, 2014 issue
- Developer uses drone video to demonstrate proposal
- Levy hike predicted for N.B. schools
- Costco moves forward, despite concerns
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue
- Spending survey for New Berlin Schools to launch in September
- Budget calls for decrease
- New Berlin police notes
- Fire responses up for debate
- Panera wants to open on Moorland Road in New Berlin